Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Her head was pounding when she woke up the next morning though she wasn't surprised when she found her bed empty. It was rare Landon ever woke up beside her. He normally had either left the house by the time she got up or was in the office working. Groaning, she sat up, ran her hands over her face, and smacked her lips together at the dryness in her mouth.

She wanted to forget that yesterday happened, but she couldn't. She tried to put Chase back in that box she kept under a tight lock and key, but she couldn't. He had burst it open with one glance, and now she felt like she was drowning. She felt this need to be near him, to hear him talk, to touch him, and it was suffocating. She wanted to run and escape these emotions, but she couldn't.

She took a few deep, calming breaths and knew it would be disastrous if Landon found her in such a state. She felt a deep ache in her soul she thought she had filled, and she felt physically sick just thinking about what made the gaping hole in her spirit and soul. She needed a drink or smoke and when she looked at the time on her phone, she groaned, knowing it was too early for either.

Hoping she wouldn't have to run into Landon who wasn't hard in their giant house, she made her way out of the room and down into the kitchen. Rose wasn't in yet, so she started the coffee machine while she searched for some Advil. Popping two tablets dry and piled her blonde hair on the top of her head and wasn't surprised when bits fell out. Dressed in her underwear and silk robe, she waited as the aroma of coffee filled the kitchen.

Once her cup was filled with a rich dark coffee, she sat at the island bench, took a sip and felt like it had awakened her soul. Seeing Chase yesterday had shocked her right down to her very essence. There was so much she wanted to say to him. She tried to fall back into his arms because it felt right, but she couldn't. She was engaged to another man, and he had a girlfriend. She sometimes wished she had never left Chase, but she wanted to chase her dreams and passions, but looking at it now, it got her nowhere but a broken heart, soul, and spirit. Her hands itched for the first time in years to draw.

She hadn't had that feeling in a long time. She could visualise the painting in the back of her mind. Autumn trees were the shade of Chase's hair. She knew no matter how hard she would mix paints, it would never be the same. Those gold streaks shone when the light hit them the right way. The trees would also be a combination of his hair and eyes. The light background and lush greenery would cover the base of the trees while the sun peeked through the canopy. However, the focus would be on the park bench where a heavily pregnant woman would sit with a guardian angel floating behind her. The picture would be a combination of light and bright colours with an undertone of darkness creeping through the edges.

The painting in her mind was beautiful. She could imagine herself spending hours upon hours covered in different shades of green and reds as she tried to get the perfect combination. She sipped her coffee lost in her head as all she could see was the masterpiece. She wanted to grab a paper and start sketching out the vision because it would be a vision.