Step One: The Silence In Your Screaming

I was sitting on Chris' bed, nervously waiting for him to burst through the door. He didn't, instead he opened the door and then shut it. I heard the lock click before he turned and looked at me. I could tell he was pissed off. I swallowed the fear that was growing in the back of my throat.

"C...Chris?" I asked.

"Shut up. Don't speak to me. I can't fucking believe you, Kerstin. How dare you disobey me like that." Chris said, walking towards me.

I looked down. "I'm..I'm sorry.." I said.

Chris grabbed my good wrist, yanking me up and shoving me against the wall, placing both hands on each side of me and pressing his lanky body against mine. He pressed his forehead against mine, I refused to look at him.

"Look at me. LOOK AT ME." Chris growled, grabbing my chin with one of his hands.

I looked at him, tears starting to build in my eyes. Chris smiled. It wasn't a normal smile, it was more sinister, he wasn't himself.

"Chris.." I said.

"Shut up!" Chris said, backhanding me.

When I fell to the ground, I looked up at him. Chris was the only one who hadn't hit me or been mean to me in any way.

He walked over to his closet, searching around in the back.

"I didn't want to have to do this to you, Kerstin. But you made me." he said, not looking back at me.

"What do you mean?" I asked, not moving from my spot on the ground.

My cheek was burning and I could already tell it was going to bruise. I bruised easily.

Chris walked back over with a black box. He set it on the bed and then grabbed my hair, pulling me to the ground all of the way.

"Don't fucking move." he hissed.

I watched him as he lifted my shirt off, being careful not to hurt my broken wrist. He was knelt beside me and turned to grab the black box. I was terrified to know what the contents of that box were, but I knew it wouldn't be good.

He opened the box and reached in, pulling out a scaple. He closed the box and moved to sit on my legs. I looked up at him, scared for my life.

"This is going to hurt." he said.

"Chris.." I said.

He leaned down and began carving words into my stomach. I screamed in pain, begging him to stop. I didn't know what he was writing but whatever it was, was long. Chris stopped once he was finished and put the scaple away, pushing the box under his bed.

The smell of blood filled my nostrils as I laid there. Chris leaned down and I felt his tongue move across the wounds he had just inflicted on me. His face reached mine in no time and my blood was still on his lips.

"Kerstin." he said.

I looked at him. "Please..no..more...please.."

I could have sworn I caught a bit of guilt flash through his eyes. He pressed his lips to mine, kissing me. I refused to kiss him back until I felt one of his nails dig into one of the recent wounds, causing me to whimper.

I opened my mouth, letting his tongue move inside of mine. I licked the blood off of his lips as we kissed. He pulled back, looking down at me. His eyes were a darker shade of brown, almost black. I never noticed it before.

His lips collided with my neck as he kissed it. I breathed in when I felt his sharp teeth pierce my flesh and breathed out slowly as his fangs sank deeper into my skin. He placed one hand on my breast and gripped my hair with the other one.