❦ (TW)

:TRIGGER WARNING: SENSITIVE CONTENT AHEAD!
—————————————————

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: A TALK WITH MARK

___________________________________

Mark looked at the English letters in his journal that were made from the ink of his pen.

He always enjoyed keeping a journal so that he could look back on what he wrote years ago.

There were moments of happiness and stress, but little did he imagine that nearly two thirds of the journal would be taken up by pain and torture. He had dated every entry when they happened, and even logged the abuse of the others.

Mark still didn't know how Mr. Yang didn't find it and tear it apart, but he was glad that he didn't. Then again, there was a reason Mark wrote in English and not Korean.

If Mr. Yang had found it, he wouldn't have been able to read it. There was a knock on the door and Johnny entered. He looked over at Mark and gave a small smile.

Mark did the same to him, then looked back down at his journal. Johnny walked over and sat down next to him on the bed.

He listened as Mark clicked the pen over and over again. Mark thought how interesting it was that the mere presence of the clicking to one person is comforting, but to another it can be really annoying.

"How long have you been reading that?" Johnny asked in English. Mark was slightly startled by the use of English but understood why he did it.

It was the same reason why Winwin or Kun would speak to Chenle and Renjun in Chinese.

It was easier to communicate and express their feelings in their native language. Mark never realized how much he could miss speaking his native language until he was consistently using Korean.

"For a few hours," Mark answered, then added, "Can you believe that two thirds of this journal are about the abuse?" he said, scoffing. Johnny widened his eyes.

"You wrote in that journal every day when there was an abuse?" Johnny asked.

Mark nodded, "Every time I was told about an abuse, I logged it in here. put down who it was, what happened, and how long it took for them to recover physically," Mark explained.

Johnny watched as Mark turned the pages. "This was my first entry," Mark said. Mark noticed that Johnny was hesitant to take the book.

"Read it. The more you know, the better everything will turn out. Right?" Mark said. Johnny blinked before he grabbed the book and read the first entry.

《I've never felt this scared before. Mr. Yang, our new choreographer, had me stay behind after practice. I didn't know why, but I didn't think much of it either. He beat me. It hurt so much, and I didn't know what or why it was happening.

Mr. Yang threatened to either kill me or start beating the others if I told. I really want to tell someone, but l'm the oldest. I can't tell the others. But I need to warn them. I don't know what to do. 》