Sickness Strikes

3rd Person
10:30pm, Saturday night. Tom And Edd are on the couch, relaxing. Matt is in his room sleeping. Tord is nowhere to be found.

Suddenly, Tord bursts through the front door, his clothes and face dirty. It was dark but you can make out he was covered in mud.
"Tord, where have you been?" Edd asks.
"I-I had to do something," Tord lies.
Edd looks at Tord with a curious face, "Are you sure nothing was happening? Why are you covered in mud and... are you bleeding?"
"I-it's nothing I just tripped and fell," Tord lies again, but more believable.
"Just go shower and get to bed," Edd demands.
Tord nods and obeys Edds orders. Edd turns to Tom and they continue chatting, when Edd points out that Tom should probably go to bed, too. Tom agrees with the statement and goes to bed.

Edd's POV
I'm still wondering what was up with Tord. He seemed... hesitant. He isn't clumsy at all. I don't believe he tripped. Something else is happening. I just can't lay my finger on what.
I'm not tired, or at least I can't get to sleep, so I'll just drink some cola and sit on the couch.

3rd Person
Edd knew what he was going to do with his night. A little over an hour passed when something eventful occurs. 12:16am.

Tom's POV
I jolt awake from my deep sleep. I look over at my clock. I don't usually have trouble sleeping. My stomach hurts incredibly. That's when I realize. More and more buildup of saliva. That can only mean one thing. I immediately recognize what is about to happen. I dash to the bathroom, making it in time. I start gagging and then my stomach ejects its contents into the toilet.
I decide when I'm done, feeling even more horrible. I flush the toilet and go to the kitchen to grab a few things. Edd is still awake.
"Are you okay?" Edd asks me.
"Not... really," I make out, wincing with every swallow. The acid is still burning my throat. I grab a bottle of water and sip it.
"How come?" Edd replies.
"I think I'm sick," I manage to say. I grab the thermometer and some medicine. I take my temperature. Beep! I take it out of my ear and look at the readings— 103.6 degrees Fahrenheit (39.7 Celsius).
"I take that back, I know I'm sick. Nobody regularly has a fever this high without being sick." I say, choking on a few of my words.
I bring everything back up to my room and try to go back to sleep. I bury myself into a blanket, curling into a ball. Then I realize what I'm doing at school on Monday.

Author's Note
Hello people! I've entered more fandoms and I've always wanted to make an Eddsworld fan fiction. I have not forgotten about the Inhibitor Rings, I will continue it as soon as I can remember or make up an answer to that cliffhanger because I forgot.
Hope you enjoyed and I will make sure to try my best to update both stories regularly.