Chapter 25

Caden laughed at some dumb liner in thefilm they were watching but Roman wasn't paying attention. He was toobusy thinking about Charlie and how by this time, she'd have gonethrough at least two packs of popcorn, a bottle of Coke and somesweets, too while making hilarious comments on the film or muting itand dubbing it.

He missed the movie nights. Over thelast 5 years they've only missed a couple of them when she'd beenwith her ex who hadn't liked Roman being around Charlie. The systemwas easy, one week she picked, the other he did. Charlie had a greattaste in films and yet, Roman enjoyed the most when she purposelychose a terrible one though because she could really let lose duringthose. She made the most hilarious noises and expressions.

The other day he went by theconfectionery she admired so much. The lady who owned the place evenstopped him to ask if Charlie was dropping by some time because theymade some incredibly nice cappuccino fudge. Roman mumbled he'd lether know when he saw her. He missed that, having her either making ashow of eating stuff he wasn't allowed to have or talk him intoeating them either way.

Marco'd asked the other day if hewanted to go to the circus that opened in the centre and Roman hadsaid yes, he wished he hadn't though. Every moment he'd expectedCharlie to jump on him and scream clown because she knew how he wasscared of the evil creatures and then scream because she was just asscared of the ringmaster.

The more he thought about it, the moreRoman realized he'd been in a relationship with Charlie for thebiggest part of the last 5 years. Yes, they'd both had partners,she'd even had one lasting longer than any of his relationships butin the end they always ended up at each other's door. They'd haddomestic arguments, who takes the trash down, who cooks, who forgotto paid the bills. They'd had at least one week vacation togetherevery summer. They knew each other to the point, nothing couldsurprise them about the other.

How the hell was he so blind all along?The idea of losing her for good was petrifying to the point hecouldn't sleep for the last few weeks. He missed her. He couldn'tremember the last time they didn't talk for more than 24 hours,sometimes communication was just a random text or a silly picturebut it was there unlike now. He had to realize he missed the woman ofhis life. The woman of...

"I'm going to marry your sister,"he stated like that was the most natural thing in the world.

"What?" Caden snorted, giving him aquizzical look.

"I'm not kidding, I'm going to marryher." Why wouldn't he? They'd been through lost jobs, injuries,boyfriends and girlfriends, fights, laughter, holidays, the good andthe bad, all of it.

"Oh shit!" Caden laughed out. "Oh,holy shit. You really do love her." Roman rolled his eyes, at leastCaden was having fun. "I'm gonna kill you if you hurt her again."He stopped laughing and pointed at him. "I don't give a fuck you'remy best friend. Clear?"

"Clear." Roman chuckled. Heexpected nothing else.