Chapter 23

Jimin's pov

Hobi exceeded my expectations and was healed enough to be moved to a room. The doctor checked him once again and said he was healing faster but even though his healing process was done he would be in a coma for the least a week a coz he had been exerting himself and his energy pushing himself too hard. 

I was thinking about what could probably get him all exhausted and that's when I realised that we were going to have a fest between all the universities to see who had the best and talented students and which university was ideal for students to study in and it was 4 months from now.

 We had pressure on us but not much, I think he was pressuring himself too much to try hard and make our Uni the best. I was starting to think I didn't do much compared to him and that thought got me motivated.

I started counting days till the day the doctor said he would wake up. The whole week was dreadful, I had no energy in me and now I was starting to realize how much hobi's hope influenced my life. I went to visit him in his room every day. I talked to him about how my day was and what all happened and kept him up to date on what he was missing. 

I knew he was listening to my ramble as the doctor had said he would be able to hear what was going around him. I just fell into a routine of no fun at all. I woke up took a shower, ate, attended classes, came back, ate again, studied, went dancing at the studio, came back and went to sleep.

This boring routine continued over and over again in a never-ending cycle. On the last day of the week, I went to see hobi and I was EXCITED to see him, to check if he was awake, just wanting to hear his laugh and voice and his hopefulness, wanting to see his bright smile. 

That day I went earlier in the morning before I went to have my breakfast at the cafeteria. I usually skipped it but since I didn't have dinner yesterday I was hungry I decided to eat this morning. And when I went to his room I was disappointed to see him still sleeping and not awake and cheerful. I just went back had my food and went to my classes, after my dance practice I went again to see him but again to my disappointment he was asleep. 

I sat on the chair beside him holding his hand as usual and started my ramble about the day and how I missed him not being there and all. I finished my ramble and I started staring at his face which looked peaceful in his sleep I started wondering when he will be awake 'maybe it would take a bit longer than what the doctor said.' I thought to myself sadly and suddenly I felt like someone was rubbing on my hand with a thumb-like easing me from my worries. 

I thought I was dreaming and suddenly I realized I wasn't dreaming and that pulled me out of my thoughts, I looked at my hand and there was a thumb gently soothing my hand, I looked up to see a tired-looking hobi giving me a bright smile. My eyes watered up to see him finally open his eyes. I almost jump hugged him and he let out a little pained sound that's when I realised I was pressing on his fractured arm, I quickly got away from him telling him a small sorry.

He said it was no biggie and my eyes practically bulged out of my sockets. He was there on the bed with a broken arm, still healing body and not to mention he just woke up from his coma now he was just sitting there telling me it's no biggie!? But no I wasn't gonna scold him or anything just because he woke up a few minutes ago but that doesn't mean I was letting him off the hook though. 

I called our friends to let them know he was awake. Within a few minutes, they reached. They were all panting and looked like they ran till here (all was here including Hani, except Suga.)

We all talked till it was dorm closing time I was very content with how the day turned out to be. They all went back till I was the last one left. I bid him goodbye and goodnight then hugged him one more time and walked out his room and out the campus hospital towards my campus dorm. As I walked a cold wind suddenly hit me, I mean I knew it was gonna be winter soon but it was too soon. Then suddenly I started to hear the hoarse whisper but it was crystal clear this time, unlike the before. It whispered:

"Everyone's hiding things from you"
"Are you brave enough to find out the truth?"
"Will you be able to take it if you figured out that everyone who you knew wasn't what they seem to appear."
"Will you push them away or will you stay by them?"

I told the voice that it's lying to me and no one lied to me. And I believed all the people I knew ever since I reached here.

"You are just naive and stupid"
"How could you believe their stupid facade?"
"How are you so sure they aren't lying and they are what you see them as?"
"Just think about it why was everyone weird around you like they were trying to hide something from you and you only."
"Think about it and you will find the truth."

And with that, the voice disappeared just like how it had come suddenly. I walked back to the dorms and went to Hani's as the room I shared with hobi was under repair and construction. I went to bed as I saw Hani already went to sleep. 

I started thinking about all the strange events that had happened since the time I came here. Suga's weirdness plus his ability to read minds, not only him hobi had that as well. Hani's darkness I saw that day when I was with her and Jackson. Suga and his ability to be in two places at a time or that's how I felt. Hani's calming effect on me and her ability to block everything out and make my mind clear again. 

The worry I saw on her face the first day I heard the voice. What did she have to tell me the day I told about my experiences. What did the doctor mean when we talked about hobi's condition when he said his kind wasn't he, human? Was what the sound from earlier said true? Could it be that they are fooling me with their facade? Most important why didn't Suga come and visit hobi? And whose voice was that which is guiding me and telling me what I didn't know? My mind was filled with many questions as I drifted off to my dreamland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note to people who read this story :

* Don't be silent readers. Comment and tell me if anything confuses you.

-----------------------------------------------------------Well, that's all. Author's out byeee~

🤗