Red Butterfly

Ever since they had gotten back home, Riku had been chasing the butterfly around their apartment, all the while the butterfly just kept flying around, not paying much mind to Riku trying to catch it. Tenn was watching him and the butterfly from the couch, just letting Riku have fun with their new pet, and every so often let the butterfly land on him, just to fly away again when Riku tried to catch it when it had landed.

"Riku, do you know what to call the butterfly yet?" Tenn asked, since Riku seemed to distracted by showing the butterfly around to come up with a name for it. "I'm gonna call her 'Chou'!" Riku replied excitedly. "Her?" Tenn questioned, since it was a bit hard to tell if Chou was a male or female, but he just went with it.

After Riku finally caught Chou, he sat down next to Tenn with Chou on his hand, watching as she flapped her wings a little. "Hey, Tenn-nii, do you remember what Yui said when she saw Chou on the train?" Riku asked, facing Tenn.

"Yeah, but I don't think it's something we gotta worry about really." Tenn replied. When Yui had saw Chou, she pointed out that some people seem to believe red butterflies indicate important news, or to pay attention and be extra careful and cautious. She also said it could be a spirit, but that's just what she thought, Joshua called them idiots, but neither of them knew why he had called them that.

Chou seemed like any other butterfly to them, just that she was a red one, but other than that, she was like any other one you could find. So they just pushed it aside, and decided to just assume it was Yui and Joshua worrying over nothing, although it was more of Yui seeming a bit worried more than Joshua.

A little while later, Tenn and Riku were getting ready for bed after doing their homework and watching some TV while playing with Chou a little more, and Riku made sure to check on Chou before going to bed. Once they had fallen asleep, Chou fluttered around a little, after seeing they were in fact, asleep.

"..Chou huh?" the butterfly said but no one heard, as she turned into a human form, sighing. Chou looked around and stretched a little, seeing as she had been in such a small form for quite a while. "...I shouldn't let them see me in human form...but they're asleep..so it's fine.." Chou said quietly, making sure they couldn't hear her.

Chou decided to look around a bit, since she had only looked around when she was a butterfly. She decided to look out the window, seeing no one was outside, most likely because it was late now, but she had the feeling someone was watching, just out of view. "I have a bad feeling.." she whispering, looking away from the window, and instead looking around the small apartment more.

She didn't expect them to had taken her home with them, let alone make her a pet, but she didn't seem to mind, as long as that meant she can keep an eye on them more. She had an idea of who was most likely watching them, but chose that now wasn't the time to try and do something about it, and with that turned back into a butterfly in case either Tenn or Riku suddenly woke up.

In the morning, Tenn woke up and saw Chou by some flowers they had in their apartment, but left her there, since she decided to rest there. Riku woke up a few minutes later, saying good morning to Chou and Tenn, both oblivious to the fact their pet was really a person. Chou quietly fluttered to sit onto Riku's head, while him and Tenn ate their breakfast and chatted about what they were going to do today.

Since it was still pretty early, they decided to walk around the town a bit and look around. Chou seemed to want to come along, so Riku decided to bring her along, even though they probably couldn't bring her into the school. Then again, the school didn't seem to care very much, seeing as there were students with weapons walking around, and no one did anything about it, so bring a butterfly to school was probably the least of their issues.

After leaving their apartment to look around, they found themselves walking towards a grocery store they didn't see before, since it was a few blocks away, but still within walking distance of their house. It was a typical grocery store, there wasn't many people there, so they didn't really have to wait in any lines long if they were going to buy some drinks and snacks there, and no one seemed to notice Riku had a butterfly on his head as they entered.

Deciding to split up and try and find the snack isle, Tenn was walking down one and was looking at the different products on the shelves, clearly seeing it wasn't the right isle, but didn't see the harm in still browsing the other isles.

While looking at some of the products further down the isle, Tenn felt like he had bumped into someone, and looked up to see a man looking down annoyed at him. "What the hell?" the man said.

"Oh, I didn't see you." Tenn replied, not really paying much more mind to the man, who seemed to be even more annoyed now. "You should watch where you're going!" the man said to Tenn. "Maybe you shouldn't be standing in the way." Tenn said back.

While Tenn and the man started arguing, Riku found the isle Tenn was in, because of the loud argument, and hurried over to his brother to try and calm him down. All the while another who had came into the isle tried to calm the other man down.

"Gaku! stop fighting! you guys are causing a scene!" the man said to Gaku, who didn't seem to really listen, and just kept fighting with Tenn. "Tenn-nii please stop fighting!" Riku said while trying to get his brother to stop fighting as well.

After they had managed to at least get the two to stop fighting, Riku looked towards the man who was still trying have Gaku calm down, and apologized to him for the situation. The man smiled at Riku, and asked Gaku why they were fighting in the first place, since they were to busy trying to get them to stop to figure out what happened, Riku looked over at his brother, wondering what happened too.

"I bumped into him and he got mad over something small like that." Tenn said simply. "You decided to act like a little brat instead of just apologizing!" Gaku shouted at Tenn, who was unphased by it.

Riku again apologized to them for the situation, which seemed to calm Gaku down a bit at least. "I'm really sorry about what happened between you and Tenn-nii.." Riku said. "It's alright." the other man said, while Tenn and Gaku stayed quiet.

"You guys are students right? isn't school starting soon?" the man asked. Riku hadn't noticed the time, he thought it had only been a few minutes since they've entered the store. "Do you know what time it is- um.." Riku asked but quickly noticed he didn't know the man's name yet. "My name is Ryunosuke Tsunashi. It's about a few minutes until 8."

Riku sighed relieved they still had a bit of time before they had until they got to the train. "By the way..did you know you had a butterfly on your head..?" Ryuu asked, looking at the butterfly that had been on Riku's head the entire time.

"Oh! this is Chou, also my name is Riku, that's Tenn-nii!"Riku said happily, reaching up to his head so Chou can sit on his hand. "Riku, did you get what you wanted?" Tenn asked after staying quiet the whole time Riku and Ryuu were talking.

Riku nodded, and Tenn started to walk towards the cash-out lines so they could pay for their items and start heading to the Train Station. Riku followed after, and so did Ryuu and Gaku, who seemed to be leaving the store as well, while Riku and Ryuu chatted a little more.

After checking out, they all made their way outside of the store, but as they did, Riku accidentally bumped into someone. Riku quickly apologized to the person, he couldn't really tell what the person he bumped into looked like, because they had a fur hood over their head, and was facing away from him, but he could tell it was probably a girl from the outfit they were wearing.

"You should be more careful you know..wouldn't want something to happen." the girl said suddenly, and started to walk away without saying anything else, leaving them all confused about why she said that.

Riku looked at the others confused, but Tenn shrugged, and told him they should hurry so they didn't miss their Train, and they both waved to Gaku and Ryuu as they walked towards where the Train Station, but Riku couldn't help but wonder what that girl meant.