Trouble - Alternate Ending

A/N: Basically, everything that happened in "Capture" Is the same, This is mainly going to start where Veronica reveals Rei is the butterfly that was with them, and it'll be different from there. This is kinda like what would lead up to the Bad Ending and Veronica's betrayal, but in a way a different version of it, since in this they would already be wary of her possibly doing so.

Once Rei had turned into a human, she questioned if Veronica was just there to cause chaos for humans, which she happily replied that she was.

They all looked even more confused at the two, neither Tenn or Riku expected Chou to be an actual person, let alone knew that Rei was her true name.

"Oh, are you confused about Rei being the butterfly you had with you this whole time? She's been trying to warn you guys about something bad happening you know..that's why she was a Red Butterfly after all." Veronica explained.

"So she was a person this whole time..?" Riku asked confusingly.

Rei nodded and explained to them she was a spirit in a way, and had the ability to shapeshift, it was complicated, but they thought they got what she was saying at least.

"I still have a bad feeling though.." Rei mumbled.

Tenn looked over at her a bit confused, she still had a bad feeling even though everything seemed to be alright? Then again..he was getting bad vibes from Veronica, but Riku seemed to trust her, even though she kidnapped him.

He turned to question her more about why she kidnapped his brother, but she just repeated the same thing, that she did it to cause them to panic.

It seemed like it annoyed her to have to keep telling them over and over again that was her only reasoning, even though they thought there was something more to it.

What Tenn didn't notice at first was that Veronica seemed to be closer to Riku than she was before, since he was to busy questioning her, but Rei seemed to have noticed and was getting more wary of what she was doing.

Suddenly, Veronica grabbed Riku, which surprised both him and the others. Riku looked back at her giving her a questioning look, but she kept staring at the rest of them.

"Veronica..?" He quietly asked.

"You know how I said I wasn't going to kill you or use you for ransom, right?" Veronica asked.

He nodded slowly, while still looking at her confusingly.

"What about that..?" He asked.

"Yeah, I lied. Well, at least, I won't kill you, yet. But I didn't say anything about not tormenting them with that fact." Veronica smirked.

"Let go of him!" Tenn exclaimed.

Rei grabbed Tenn's arm and pulled him back and quietly told him that if he tried to attack her or grab for Riku, it wouldn't end well. He knew she was probably right about that, but he didn't want his brother getting hurt either.

"If you want him to not die, then I suggest you not trying anything stupid." She said.

"I thought you were going to help me.." Riku mumbled.

"Well, I thought about it at first, but that seemed boring now. I told you didn't I? You really should be more careful..even around those you just met." She pointed out.

He should've noticed it earlier, that she could've been planning something else and was lying, but he honestly trusted her, since she helped him this far. But now here she was, holding him hostage, and threatening his life if his brother and friends got near.

"Just let Riku go.." Tenn said, glaring at her.

"But where's the fun in that?" She asked happily.

"Veronica..just let him go.." Rei mumbled.

She stared at Rei for a moment, and said 'fine' with a sigh. Tenn immediately grabbed his brother after she did, so she wouldn't be able to grab him again.

"Well, things are only going to get weirder, y'know?" Veronica asked them.

"What..?" Riku questioned.

"I can already tell how this might end. I'm sure you do too, right, Rei? But that's just a possibility. I'm sure it could end differently if they tried..but who knows." Veronica said.

None of them understood what she meant, except Rei, who nodded in reply. But when they asked Rei what she meant, she just stayed quiet.

"Oh and Riku? Remember what I said. You should be more careful. Rei will at least help you, but I'll stick to mostly watching. If I feel like helping, then I will." Veronica sighed.

Riku nodded hesitantly, but he wasn't sure anymore if Veronica was telling the truth or not, let alone if she really was a good person anymore, after what she just tried to do.

With that, Veronica waved slightly and walked off, not caring that Tenn was glaring at her as she did. He had the feeling, she might not help them for very long, even if she did, she would probably just switch from helping them to working against them in the end.