Anna

I was putting the dirty plates, utensils and glasses inside the dishwasher when I heard a knock on the door. They're here.

"Hi mom, dad." I heard George greet them.

"Did you just got home from work? Why are you still on your work clothes?" Edith ask.

"We ate dinner the moment I came home, so yeah. I'll go get Anna before I go up and change." I waited for George to walk in, I know what he's going to ask. "Hey Anna?" I raise my brows in response. "Which one is our bedroom?" Our bedroom.

"The door on the far left." I said and went to the living room to greet his parents.

"Anna darling. How are you doing?" Edith ask.

"I'm doing great Edith, thank you." She raise her brow. "Is something wrong?" I ask, feeling nervous all of a sudden.

"I'm your mother in-law, you should call me mom." She said so sweetly.

"Right, I'm sorry. Mom." I said shyly.

"How was it living with George?" Frederick ask.

"It, it was okay. A lot of adjustments to do, but we manage it somehow." I lie. George then came back, now wearing simple blue shirt and sweat short. I can't help but stare at his thing, I look up and George was smirking at me. Oh my goodness! Did I just stare at his junk? I clear my throat and roll my eyes at him.

"Well, that's good to hear. We just came by to tell you that we are going on a vacation with your parents." Frederick said.

"Oh? Where are you going?" I ask.

"Switzerland, we decided to all take a break and relax." Edith answers.

"That's good. When are you going?"

"This Saturday, but the thing is, Michael Lee invited us to his birthday party. We are wondering if the both of you could go in our stead?" Frederick ask. Michael Lee? Oh gosh, I was paired up with his son last year. It didn't end well, because his son was so upset when I rejected him.

"No problem dad. You guys don't need to worry about it." George replied.

"Really? Thank you, both of you." Edith said, hugging the both of us.

"Well then, we should get going. Here's the invitation, you need it to get in." Frederick said and hand us the gold envelope. We all said our goodbyes before seeing them off. I close and lock the door before going back to the kitchen to turn on the dishwasher.

"Anna, there's a slight problem. Well, big problem actually." George said and sit on the stool he sat on earlier.

"What is it?"

"I have a football match this Saturday evening."

"And?"

"I won't be able to attend this party." He said and look at the invitation card.

"I will." I replied, getting the Matcha ice cream out of the fridge.

"Anna, I can't just let you go alone. That's just selfish."

"George, I can't just let you miss your football match just because of this party. You love being on the field right?" I nodded. "Then make sure to play and win it. You owe me at least that." I said and happily eat my ice cream.

"I don't deserve a friend like you." He said and wipe the side of my lip.

"You really don't." I said and flip my hair, making him laugh.

--

Saturday Night

This party is boring. All the people that I share table with only talk about their surgeries, holidays and hooking up. I look around me and sure I see some familiar faces, but I'm not in a mood to talk to any of them. I just want to go home and relax.