Ginny Weasley - Not That Bad

~Author's Note: Read this before you start the story~

Okay, so you can be either gender in this story because it's not really specified. In this story, you are a Slytherin in your fifth year.  You're in Draco Malfoy's 'gang' but technically he considers you as a best friend, not a follower. Also, in this story there is a hint of Drarry. (Just like a sentence or two though. It's really not significant to the story line.)

~Story Start~

"Mr. Potter, stop talking to Mr. Weasley and study," Snape snapped at Harry.

I look over to my left and see Draco and Pansy snickering. I just roll my eyes at them and go back to looking over the textbook. I've gotten O's on every assignment in Potions so far so I don't actually care about studying.

"When is Potter (POTTAH) going to learn that talking in this class wont do him any good?" Draco remarked.

I roll my eyes, "Draco, just stop talking about him. That's not doing you any good."

Draco turns his head towards me, glaring.

"Very funny, Y/N. I do not talk about Potter all the time."

I shake my head and face back down to the Potions textbook. A couple minutes pass and all I hear is Draco, Pansy, Crabbe, and Goyle talking crap about the Golden trio. I ignore them, occasionally laughing at something they say that is extremely stupid.

Finally, the bell rings for class to be over. (I don't know if Hogwarts has bells but go with it.) I get up from my seat and leave the Potions classroom. Draco is behind me telling Pansy to let him be. A few seconds pass and Draco comes up on my right. 

"Why are you in such a mood today?" Draco asks me.

"I'm not. Why do you ask?"

"Well, your little comment about Potter earlier and you sure as hell left that classroom quickly," Draco replied.

"Well, I'm very hungry, so that's why I left quickly. And two, I mean, you do talk about Potter quite a bit. I'm going to the common room to drop off my stuff. I'll see you in the Great Hall."

I keep walking but Malfoy stops in his tracks, thinking about what I said, I'm suspecting. Sometimes it feels like he has a crush on Harry or something. 

"Traditionalism," I mutter to the wall.

The empty wall opens up to reveal the entrance to the Slytherin common room. I walk inside and no one is really there. Only a few 7th years who are playing Gobstones. One of the 7th years look over at me and give a small wave. I wave back politely before I head towards the 5th year's dorms.

~Time Skip~

I'm practically running down to the Great Hall when I almost bump into someone.

"I'm so sorry!" The person says.

I look back at the person who said that and see Ginny Weasley, who's a year behind me. She looks like I'm about to slap her.

"Oh, um, it's no problem really. I wasn't watching where I was going."

"Uh, alright then. I don't think we've ever met before. I'm Ginny Weasley."

"Hi, I'm Y/N L/N. I remember seeing you play as Seeker after Potter got thrown off the quidditch team."

"Oh, yeah."

"Well, it was nice to meet you, but I'm getting a little hungry. So, I'll see you around?"

"Sure! Um, bye."

"Bye."

Well, she was nice. She seems much less snarky then her brothers too. 

"Finally! Took you long enough, didn't it?" Draco said as I sat down next to him.

"Well, if you don't mind I almost crashed into somebody on my way here," I grab some chicken and start eating it right away.

"Of course you did," Draco laughed, "And who was it, if you don't mind me asking."

I debate telling him, but then give in, "Ginny Weasley."

Draco makes a gagging noise, "A blood-traitor of course. God, those Weasleys are-"

"Actually she's pretty nice. She's not really like her brothers from what I know of her."

Draco looks at me straight in the eyes with a face of disgust.

"Don't tell me you talked to her?"

I take a deep sigh, "Yeah, I did Draco. So what? Not all people who aren't in Slytherin are bad."

Before he can say anything to me, I eat one more bite of chicken and leave. 

"Y/N! Get back here! Right now!" Draco yells at me.

I can feel people watching me now because of the commotion between Draco and I. I push through the doors and make my way back to the dungeons.

"Y/N I said to get back here!" Draco says.

I turn around and look at him.

"Seriously dude! Why do you hate every person at this school other than Slytherins? Hell, you don't even like some Slytherins!"

Draco takes a breath in and lowers his voice, "The truth is, I don't really hate everyone, okay? I just act like I do to keep up my reputation. To be honest, the Golden Trio and the other Weasleys aren't that bad. Except for after that quidditch match earlier this year."

"When Potter and one of those Weasley twins beat the living daylights out of you?"

"Shush! We do not need to speak about that! But go ahead and talk to that Ginny girl if you want, I don't really care, I just have to act like I do, okay?"

"Alright, Draco. I'm going to grab my stuff for Transfiguration and stuff. I'll see you in class."

 I turn back around and make my way down to the dungeons.

~Very Short Time Skip~

"Oh, hey! Y/N!" I hear behind me.

I turn around and see Ginny Weasley running up to me.

"So I guess we would be seeing each other later after all. What are you doing down here anyways?" I ask her.

"I'm going to Potions next so I was just gonna sit in there for a bit."

"Oh, cool. So, um, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to maybe hang out sometime?"

"Wait, wouldn't Malfoy kill you though? You guys are like best friends and frankly, he's not very, um, fond of my family."

"He'll be fine with it, trust me. So, yes or no?"

"Sure! That would be great!"

"Okay, I'll send you an owl when I can. I better go so I'm not late."

"Alright, well, I'll talk to you soon then."

"Yep! See you soon, Ginny."

Man, wait till Draco hears about this.

~Author's Note~

I'm sorry for not updating in awhile. I've been having writer's block and finally got some inspiration today. This one shot wasn't that good and in my personal opinion I thought it was a little rushed so I'm truly sorry about that. I'm going to try and write some more soon and hopefully they won't be as rushed. It will always help if you have requests by the way! Anyways, I hope you all have a good day/night.

~1121 Words~