Dadeci

jodeci: all
after DOAMB was released

The four men walked in the park with their strollers in one hand and coffee cups in the other. Their kids were either sleeping or playing with the toys on their strollers. 'Man, Mya driving me crazy. It's always we time, never ME time' Dalvin complained to his brothers about his girlfriend spending too much time with their daughter.

'That's what happens when you have kids Dal. They come before you do' Joel replied while checking on his twins. Dalvin just sucked his teeth and sipped on his coffee. 'Man you complaining, I can't get Nakita off of me. Every second we doing it like rabbits. Her as–her butt almost got us caught by her parents' Cedric quickly censored his self, since he remembered he was in front of the kids.

'Man, y'all sound like a bunch of lil kids' DeVante finally spoke & Joel agreed. The pushed their strollers over to the benches, that was near the playground and sat down. 'Y'all gotta start talking to y'all ladies. Y'all in this together, sh-stuff is different now, it ain't just y'all anymore' DeVante advised which silenced the two, until Dalvin spoke up again. 'Ain't you and Sanaa not speaking right now?'. 'It doesn't matter, I'm still not afraid to talk to her and say what's on my mind to her' DeVante admitted. Joel just sat back & listened.

'Dada! Swings!' DeVante's daughter, Kamani, exclaimed. He picked her up and walked over to the swings. Cedric picked up his son, Tyrell, and put him on the swings as well. They pushed their children and conversed. 'Aye, Joel. How's the widow?' Dalvin asked taking his daughter, A'mya, out of her stroller, and placing her on his lap. 'Her name's Cornia, and she's been good' Joel responded. Cornia was a widowed woman whom he met at their children's daycare center. They hit it off immediately & they've recently became exclusive.

'How does Angela feel about you dating again?' Dalvin asked again. 'She's fine with it, as long as she treats our kids right, then she's okay' Joel replied and kissed his twin boys, David & Darrell's, foreheads.

While they were playing with their kids, Sean, their childless friend, jogged towards them and sat down. They greeted their friend, but they could tell something was wrong. 'Aye, why it look like you're about to pass out?' Cedric asked & handed Sean a bottle of water. 'It's–because–Kim is pregnant' He said in between breaths. He opened the cap to the water bottle gulped the whole thing. The men understood where he was coming from. It wasn't like Sean didn't want kids, he just didn't know how to prepare for kids. But he knew he would raise them better than how he was raised.

'Look, when Angela had the twins, I was just like you. Ready to pass out and panicking, but then I realized there's more pressure on her than it was on me. So I had to prepare myself mentally so we could be there together mentally. When I first held my sons, I knew that this was all worth it' Joel spoke, saying how he truly felt. He took the words right out of their mouths.

'Oh and please read the books and GO to the Lamaze classes, they help a lot' Dalvin added in. Sean took in their advice and thanked them before leaving to go talk to his girlfriend.

The dad crew left the park & headed over to Cedric's house where the mothers were. They rolled the strollers into the kitchen where the ladies were, which distracted them from their conversations. The mothers cooed and awed at their babies, giving them lots of love before greeting their lovers/baby daddy's.

'Did you have fun with dada? Yes? Yes?' Mya asked her daughter who nodded her head. While the women were occupied with the children, the men plopped on Cedric's big sofa & fell asleep.

The Dad Crew is out like a light.

Something I thought of, a short imagine.
plcytingz I added you in here 😭