░▒▓█ 🅒🅗🅐🅟🅣🅔🅡 ➎ █▓▒░

Dally glares at Darry.

"Come on, let's go.", Dally says gruffly as he walks out of the kitchen, purposely bumping  his shoulder into Darry. 

"Sorry.", Alyssa whispers to me then goes to catch up with Dally as they both leave the house.

I sigh.

"Sorry about him. He's...something else really.", Darry explains, apologizing.

"It's fine. I'm kind used to it by now.", I say giggling a bit. Darry chuckles.

"I don't think that's a good thing."

"Eh, oh well. Nothing I can do about it."

"That's not a good attitude either.", He chuckles a bit more.

I shrug and smile, "I mean, at least i can make some cookies. Sometimes anyways."

He smiles back, leaning onto a wall, "Whatever you say-"

He suddenly stops. 

"Is something burning?", Darry asks. 

"Shoot-!", I yelp as I quickly put the oven mitt on and open the oven. I take the now burnt oatmeal cookies out of the oven, trying my best to fan away the smoke. There goes the cookies... I toss the pan onto the stove, still fanning away the smoke, coughing here and there. 

Darry puts a hand on my shoulder.

"I would help you make a new batch but I kinda have somethin' to get back to."

"It's fine. I'd rather you help with the roof than with baking cookies that'll pretty much be gone by tomorrow."

He smiles, warming my heart, "You got a point."

I smile back, a bit shyly. 

It wasn't long until one of is coworkers hollered for him to get back to work and help them.

"Damn, there's my cue.", He turns back towards me, "Before i go, are you free next week?"

"Uh, I can be..?"

"Alright, how abouut.. next Saturday?"

I nod, "Sounds great."

"Cya there then."

"Ok."

Darry leaves as I collapse on the floor. I felt like I couldn't breathe, my face was on fire. Covering my face with my hands, I sit there on the floor for a while. 

What the hell have I gotten myself into...

A few days pass, 5 days before what I refuse to call a "date". I've spent everyday overthinking everything. Like, what could go wring? What if I wear an outfit he doesn't like? What if I drive him away on accident? I sigh, finishing up at cleaning the dishes as Vincent sits on the couch watching God knows what.. Putting the dishes on a drying rack on top of the counter, I dry my hands and go into the living room.

"Anything new at school?", I ask, picking up Vincent's school bag and shoes that he left.

"Eh," he shrugs, "same old."

I roll my eyes and walk over to Vincent's room in which he was able to move back into with the roof finally fixed. After putting his shoes in his closet as well as hang his backpack on the handle of his closet door,  I walk out of the room while closing the door behind me. 

"Soo... just same old, eh?", I ask, leaning onto the back of the couch and looking down at Vincent. 

"Yup. I mean, I didn't fight anybody if that's what you're thinking.", Vincent scoffs.

"Like I'd think that in the first place.", I remark, insulted that he'd think of me like that.