Chapter 19 Dinner With Dwarves

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Allie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I an worried about Grace don't get me wrong I'm not heartless. I just get frustrated sometimes when no one in understands I want her too but she doesn't. It's frustrating.

"Grace?" I knock on the door to the room she was placed in to be healed.

"Oh you," Grace sighs looking up as I step in. She's getting redressed and putting her weapons back on.

"Yes me who else?"

"Maybe Alex or Emily?" Grace shrugs.

"Well yea but me being your soul sister I got first dibs," I explain.

"I suppose but I'm still mad."

"Why? Why are you so mad about me trying to prove myself?"

"Because when you try and leave yourself you disregard your own life. Your not invincible Allie."

"I know but Grace I can't just be a dead weight in this adventure. I've endured hardships too. I'm strong," I point out.

"Yes I know Allie I know almost all of it except those two years." I freeze those two years. The two years she was gone in a long term mission.

"You keep secrets too! I didn't even know you were an assassin or an elf!" I counter eager to jump topics.

"You don't need to know. I was sheltering you! Please Allie the only reason you don't know I was an elf was your own obliviousness. Now tell me what happened."

"Well I'm sheltering you Grace. I know your not invincible too. I do not want to burden you with my talk. I know what you'll do!" I yell and run out before she can reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello," I curtly greet everyone and sit down next to Emily at the table. Elves play music around us and a lot of greens sit on the table. Sam is plucking on a harp violently obviously pissed off. Thorin, Gandalf, and Elrond all sit at a small separate table together. Alex is flicking peas at Kili and he's catching them in his mouth.

"Try it. Just a mouthful," Dori encourages Ori who's holding a lettuce leaf in disgust.

"I don't like green food," Ori complains.

"I do," I say and stab the lettuce then shove it in my mouth.

"Allie what's wrong? You look like your about to blow up," Emily whispers.

"Wrong nothings wrong," I respond then chug down my glass of wine.

"Where's the meat?" Dwalin asks angrily.

"Have they got any chips?" Ori wonders looking around. I wave over an elf and they pour me more wine. I chug down that glass wave over the elf and take the bottle.

"Allie what are you doing?" Emily whisper yells.

"I'm using my right as an adult hobbit who can fend for herself to drink," I explain. "By the way how's the arm?"

"Oh it's good they stitched it up good." Emily shows me her arm.

"That's good you had me worried," I admit.

"You had us all worried beautiful," Fili winks and Emily blushes.

"Screw it," Sam shoves over the harp and sits down next to Bilbo.

"Sam supposed to be playing for our guests," Elrond says sternly.

"Lord Elrond they aren't listening they HATE this music," Sam retorts.

"She's right."

"We prefer more fast paced songs."

"Sorry not sorry Lord Elrond," Sam shrugs and I laugh drinking from the wine bottle.

"Give me some," Sam reaches for the bottle revealing a fire mark on her hand with a capital EW.

"Me too," Emily reaches out at the same time revealing a double sided battle axe mark with a capitol SG.

"Woah," Sam and Emily gasps at same time.

"Woah congratulations guys! Your family soulbonds! Now we drink!" I shout. The dwarves all clap and congratulate them. Sam and Emily high five then drink their wine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sam

Sometime after dinner Bilbo, Balin, and Thorin wandered off but I'm not really sure. I drank a lot. But somehow Allie ended up ontop of the waterfall.

"WOOOOOH," Allie screams waving her hands.

"ALLIE NO!" Alex yells.

"Aule the idiocy," Grace sighs deeply.

"GO GO GO GO," the dwarves chant. Alex has both hands covering her eye, Grace has her eyes covered but she's peeking through her fingers, and Emily is full on cheering. Yeah everyone except Grace and Alex is stupid drunk.

"WOOOHOOO," Allie screams and jumps. The waterfall swallows her yells and her. Minutes later she bursts through the water soaking wet waving her hands. "That was awesome!!!"

"10," Emily grades.

"9.75," I state.

"YES! I rule jumping off waterfalls," Allie exclaims climbing out of the water. A sharp rock tore her shirt leaving her bruised waist and ribs showing. Everyone promptly gasps including me. Her top was covered so that wasn't it its the writing on her stomach. Allie looks down rubbing at it revealing more. She must have had concealer on it.

"Oh," Allie mumbles. The writing is jagged and scarred it was obviously carved on her with a knife. It reads DEREN PLANKER in all caps. Allie quickly covers it with her hands and runs leaving behind her katana on the beach. Suddenly I don't feel drunk anymore and I don't think anyone else does either.

"Allie!" Grace yells and runs after her.

"Oh gosh," I mumble glancing at Emily who looks sick.