i. davenport kidnapping

┏━━━━━⋆☆⋆━━━━━┓CHAPTER ONE

┏━━━━━⋆☆⋆━━━━━┓
CHAPTER ONE.
DAVENPORT KIDNAPPING
┗━━━━━⋆☆⋆━━━━━┛

     EVANGELINE SIPPED HER COFFEE as she walked through the halls, holding a file close to her chest. She was currently on her way to the examining room to work her first case. She's worked cases before, but nothing as immediate as this one. Gideon requested that she attend the team this morning, and honestly, she didn't know what to expect. She's only interacted with Reid, Morgan and Gideon. Though, she's seen the others in the halls a countless number of times, but she doubted they noticed her.

     She emerged into the room, stopping at the doorway as she looked towards the group that was crowded around a bright screen. The group consisted of Reid, Morgan, Elle, Gideon and Hotch. "Sir?" The sound of her voice caused Hotch to turn his head in her direction. Her blue eyes met his brown ones for a split second before she shifted her gaze upon Gideon.

     "Angel, come on in," Gideon said. "Hope you're ready to work this morning," he continued, pointing towards the screen, "take a look at this." Evangeline made her way across the room and stood in between Elle and Hotch, grazing her eyes upon the words.

     "You will follow instructions carefully. You will do this to ensure the safety of your daughter," She read aloud, "You will wait for the call. You will answer the call at 8:00 p.m. You will write down the instructions and follow them to the letter."

     Hotch sighed softly, "That gives us less than 9 hours to get to Connecticut, work up victimology on Trish Davenport, and prepare her father for the ransom drop." Evangeline turned in his direction at the sound of his voice. She couldn't help but look him over, noticing that he wore a nice suit and a red-colored tie. A few pieces of his brown hair rested across his forehead, and he was tall—possibly a good 8 inches taller than her, considering she was only 5'3. He smelt of a fresh cologne that filled her senses, causing a shiver to creep up her spine.

     "How do we know the letter's real?" Gideon questioned, snapping her out of her little trance.

     Hotch clicked on the remote to change the screen, "The handwriting is a match for Trish's. He dictated it to her, and they found saline on the paper."

     "—Her tears," Gideon muttered. Evangeline knitted her eyebrows together, moving to rest all of her weight on her right leg.

     "He never says 'I,'" She pointed out, grabbing everyone's attention, "he doesn't say 'I will call.' He says 'you will answer the call.'" She hugged the file against her chest, "He's distancing himself from the kidnapping. If he said 'I', he'd be taking responsibility for it."

     "There's also another missing element," Hotch added.

     Elle nodded, "No mention of the police. Ransom notes almost always forbid police involvement."