Part 9

Miles ended up waking up a few hours later. He sat up feeling groggy, but the pain in his head was gone and he didn’t feel like he was going to throw up anymore. He slowly got out of bed and was heading for the door when he heard a conversation, he quickly recognized the voices and Y/N and Phoenix. He listened a moment through the door.

“I told you, I’m fine…” said Y/N sounding annoyed. “What do you think he’d do anyway? Have you met Miles? He eats burgers with a fork, do you really think he’d be the type to hurt me?”

Miles froze and raised an eyebrow, putting his ear to the door, they were talking about him.

“Look…” said Phoenix “I love the guy, he’s my best friend, but I know he has issues, one’s he’s never discussed with anyone, I don’t even know what they are, and I think they can lead to him being aggressive."

“Where is this coming from? All that happened last night was he got drunk and hugged me. You’re the one that got aggressive with him first. You were both wasted. He had a right to get angry and yell back at you.”

Phoenix shook his head “It wasn’t that that pissed me off, it was what he said before you arrived.”

“What do you mean? You were all laughing, you didn’t seem pissed at him?”

Miles’ eyes went wide ‘Oh shit…’ he thought ‘What the hell did I say?’

“He said, and I quote: Wright, your cousin is exquisite.” Said Nick in his best Miles impersonation “I’ll have you know that later this evening, I’m going to tie her up, spank her, and have my way with her…”

Y/N went red and her eyes wide. “He said excuse me? Did anyone else hear that?”

“No, Gumshoe was passed out and Larry was in the washroom at the time.”

Y/N pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed. “You don’t need to be afraid of Miles doing anything to me, he was just drunk.”

“I’ve never heard him speak like that, even though we were drunk, it kinda scared me. What if he comes over and like… forces himself on you. The more I think about it the more angry I am. That was so unlike Miles…”

Y/N shook her head, her holding it in her hands. “It’s fine, I promise.”

“How is it fine, Y/N?” asked Phoenix “You’re okay with him saying shit like that about you?”

“He was drunk, Nick!”

“So that’s an excuse?”

“I can take care of myself!”

Finally Miles couldn’t take it anymore, he wasn’t a passive person. He opened the door and walked out.

“Pardon me, if I may interrupt the two of you…”

Phoenix’s eyes went wide and Y/N couldn’t even look up from her hands.

“Okay, what the actual hell is going on??” asked Phoenix "Did you sleep here last night?? Did you fucking do what you said you’d do??”

“I did, in fact, sleep here last night in one of Y/N's guest rooms. I was extremely intoxicated and I can assure you, I literally don’t remember anything past my first few glasses of wine. Y/N was kind enough to open her home to me until I got some rest and felt well enough to be driven home. I want to apologize for what I said last night, for the way I acted. Wright, as you know, I hardly ever have more than one or two glasses of wine, and Y/N, I’ve expressed to you before how in my College years I had attended some parties and said and did things that I regret. While I don’t remember saying or doing what I’ve heard you describe of me last night, I would like to apologize to both of you. It was crude and extremely inappropriate. Frankly, I’m embarrassed.”