New Brawler.

It was morning in the Brawl-Town. The brawlers either awake or asleep, but that's just how it is. The supposedly new brawler had started to awoke from their slumber, sitting up, yawning and stretching.

Something felt new to them..

They just say there in the bed, looking around the room. Huh, was something happening? Did they add something into the room over night because a lot of things were sort of different..

[ Y / N ] had stood up from the bed, stretching one last time as they had made their way to the door, opening it and exiting the room. They heard chattering in the kitchen, making their way to that spot of the home.

As they reached the kitchen, the chattering soon stopped, which confused [ Y / N ], only to have them stand there awkwardly and look at the other brawlers who were sitting in the kitchen.

A sudden outburst of cheers and clapping came from them, congratulating them. They were.. still confused.

"Did I .. do something? I don't understand. What's going on?"

Barley decided to explain, "Oh! Last night around midnight, we had peeked out our rooms to make sure you were okay. When we did, your door room started glowing green and these sparkles came from it. It had spelled your name on top of the door frame and also had the words 'New Brawler'! Welcome to the rares, [ Y / N ]!"  The brawlers had started clapping and cheering again.

[ Y / N ] stood in shock, quickly looking back at their room. He was right, above the door said their name and 'New Brawler'. This has to be a dream.. no way! This was actually exciting! Just.. a few things..

"But.. what about my actual home outside of this world? And .. And I don't really have much experience with 'Brawling'? How is this all gonna work?" [ Y / N ] had grown a concerned look.

"No worries! We shall train you! See what type of powers or what you were given.." Rosa looked them up and down. "Also, Pam and Jessie are fixing up something about you being able to transport here and to the real world. No worries!"

That made [ Y / N ] feel a bit better.

The other four rare brawlers had talked to the newest member about training sessions, who will have their days, and even maybe they can talk to other brawlers of different rarities to help. Take simple, easy steps. They would have all this discussion later, for now, it was time to share the news to every other brawler in town!

- + -

They went to the sheriff's office, to find Colt, Shelly, Piper and Rico.

"Great news, everyone! Overnight, [ Y / N ] here seems to have become apart of the rares!" Barley had spoke up in his rather cheerful, robotic tone.

Surely enough, they had started clapping, letting out little cheers, welcoming them to the team.

"Spread the news all across town!.. Only thing is we can't let them go out onto the actual battlefield, unless they already have a power or weapon to fight with." Colt stated, looking at [ Y / N ] then quickly looking away to the other rares. Huh.. he seemed a bit flustered.

"Oh! We figured we can have some training sessions with them, and maybe you guys along with the others can help, too. Try to find that potential in there." Rosa smiled, resting her hand on [ Y / N ]'s shoulder in hence she earned a chuckle from them.

[ Y / N ] had a smile on her face, but surely, it slowly went into a slight frown. Without trying to cause and show anything was wrong, they told the others in the room they would be back.

But someone did notice something wrong.

- + -

Leaving the sheriff's office and just sighing, walking out and about around the town.. no one was really out at this time. It was still kind of early in the morning, so maybe that's why.

"This is all so strange.. why was I chosen specifically? Just me. Is there something about me that I didn't know I had that brought me here? Am I actually dreaming? Just.. just what's going on.." They shook their head, walking rather far off and going into a beautiful area. It was surrounded by tall, fresh green grass and pastel glowing crystals. A pond with small waterfalls would be present, with a beautiful and calming sound.

[ Y / N ] took a seat on the grass, staring out into the water and looking down at their reflection, squinting their eyes at themselves and suddenly splashing the water.

"Ugh! I'm angry with myself already about this! S-Sure, it seems nice to be a new brawler.. But seriously! Why was I chosen! What.. wh-what is my potential.. what's the point for me being here.." They went silent, sudden hot tears forming into their eyes, blurring their vision.

All of a sudden, they felt a tad bit of a shiver, looking around them. Eyes widening from the sudden change around them.. where they were sitting seemed to now be covered with a patch of ice.. the water froze and beautiful ice crystals stuck out from some sides of where water would splash. 

"I have a feeling your power is ice, mi amigo."