1

I sat with mama.Waiting for the doors to open.

It had been a while.I was getting tired of waiting.I don't know when they will open the huge doors that led inside.I didn't want to sit anymore.

Tugging my hand free from mama,I stood up to inspect the blue flower that had caught my eye when I came here.

It really is beautiful.It would look so good with that yellow stone I had picked up yesterday.Oh yes.Then marley and me can play with it.

I chanced a glance at the huge man who stood near the gate.He won't stop me.Will he.?

Taking a risk I plucked the flower and ran back to mama.She'll protect me.

"...I have told you never to pluck flower.Have I not.?" Mama reprimanded as I sat near her again.I brought the flower near my nose and sniffed experimentally.It was divine.I laughed.

".look at it,mama .It's so beautiful and it even smells so good.Even better than the perfume you use..I wanted to keep it with me.." I showed her the blue flower thrusting it near her so that she could look.It was really pretty.

Suddenly a thought struck me.I looked at the plant with many more blue flowers."Mama..I just got an idea..we can take the flowers.All the flowers and then we can make lots of perfume with them.You can use that instead of the one you use.You know that smelly one.It is much more better.it will be free.You won't have to worry about money also.I am telling you..."

Mama sighed and smiled at me.Hugging me close to her she kissed my head.I hugged her back.Mama was the best.I loved her the most.Even when she was tired she would play with me and laugh with me.She always stayed with me.

She had started getting sick these past days.She always looked scared.We never stayed at one place.She said it was better if we kept on moving or else boogeyman will come and catch us.We couldn't let the boogeyman catch us or else he will hurt us.That's what mama said.Most days we hid inside the room,never getting out for days and then suddenly mama would take me to some other room.I never got to make any friends anymore.We never stayed at one place for long.I wanted to go back home.I wanted to play with my bestest friend Marley.But mama insisted that we could not.

It was unfair.Mama went outside sometimes with her makeup and nice dress.I wasn't allowed to leave at all.Then she would be gone for so long and when she came.She smelled badly.Her hair and makeup would be gone as well.There were always tear marks under her eyes.She would head straight to the bathroom and wash herself.And then come out and hug me fiercely.

This cycle repeated. Always.At all the new places.

This time I wanted to give mama perfume so that she will smell nicely.

Leaving mama again,I ran to the plant.

Yes,mama will like it.I have to take lots of flowers.As I was about the pluck another one,a hand on my arm jerked me back.I looked up fearfully at the huge man who had earlier stood by the gate.

"Go and sit with you mother." He said angrily.His grip on my arm tightened.It started hurting.

I  cried.."Leave me.It hurts..." I cried looking back at my mama.She rushed towards me and jerked me from his grip.

"Don't you dare touch her." She shouted at the huge man.I stood behind her and inspected my arms.Tears flowing freely from my eyes.It hurt so bad.There was huge mark forming where he held me.

"How much longer do we have to wait?We have been sitting here all day." Mama kept on shouting at the man who stared at her meanly.I wanted mama to get back,away from the man.He was not nice.He would hurt her too just like he hurt me.I didn't want mama hurt.

Just then a big car came towards us.The huge man pushed us aside and bowed his head to the car.

I looked at the black car.It shined.The windows were tinted as well.I couldn't see who was sitting inside.The huge door opened and I gasped as I saw .There were so many flowers.And of different colors. A pathway led inside.

As I was admiring the flowers,mama pushed me back and ran towards the car as it started going inside.

She thumped the window ."Please ..open it...I know you are inside.Just once ..please.."The man from before ran to mama and pulled her back from the car.She tried to jerk out of his hold to no avail.

"Please Mr..... talk to me...Please..I beg you...I saved your life once...please hear me out..."Mama was crying hysterically.Seeing her like this ,I started crying as well.

The car stopped and the driver came out.He called the huge man to himself.He huffed and went to the driver.I ran to mama and gripped the edge of her skirt tightly.I was scared.Mama was crying uncontrollably.I didn't knew what was wrong.Had the huge man hurt her as well.?

The driver slid inside and the car went inside.

I glared as he came back and took his place near the gate again.

"Mr.. will meet you.Wait here.A car will come and take you inside."

Mama sighed happily "Thank you." Wiping her tears she bent down and enveloped me in her arms.Seeing mama happy I also wiped my tears and hugged her with all my might.