Bumblebees

Cass has always loved nature, every aspect of it, from the way the birds sang their song to the way that the ants were walking on the ground searching for food to feed their colony. It was all so special to him, but the thing he loved the most? The bees, he loved the bees. He loved watching them fly around searching for flowers, he loved the way they were all so close. Every bee in the hive was important, it was like a close knit family.

Talking about close knit families, the Novak family was very close too, despite being made of seven people, Gabriel, Lucifer, Anna, Samenadriel, Castiel, Balthazar and their father Chuck. They may argue a lot and be extremely chaotic, you could easily tell they all loved eachother without a doubt.

Castiel sighed and played with the grass he was sitting on. He might be surrounded by lots of people but he still felt awfully lonely, he only had one friend at school and her name was Charlie, she is the best friend Castiel could ever wish for. The rest of the school bullies him everyday, he didn't even know why. Easy pray I guess.

It started getting darker out and Cass soon realized he probably should be getting home soon.

Why you say? Cause Castiel had 31 missed calls and 104 messages that's why. Some were from Lucifer, some from Balthazar and Samenadriel, but most of them were from Gabriel and Charlie. Cas decided to listen to a voicemail Lucifer left for him.

"Okay asshat where the fuck are you?! If you got kidnapped and killed I am sooo bringing you back to life just to kill you again, you better come home soon or no Sherlock for a week!"

Castiel chuckled at the message and got up deciding enough is enough and stood up from the grass and started walking home.

Once he arrived and walked through the door the hole family was standing with worried and slight angry expressions in the hallway. Castiel stood there with a blank expression.

"Where the fuck have you been!" Lucifer shouted, his boyfriend Michael stood next to him holding his arm to make sure he wouldn't do anything stupid.

"I was out." Cass tried to push past his family but was met with Anna's hand on his chest.

"And it didn't occur to you to tell us where you were?"

"Not really." Cass said not expressing any remorse or guilt of what he did. He grabbed Anna's wrist and pulled it away from his chest and tried to pass through the crowded hallway once again but unsuccessful as this time, his brother Gabriel stopped him this time.

"Excuse you? Do you really think we're just gonna let you pass like that? Nah uh hunny we got something to talk about." Gabriel crushed the lollipop in his mouth, and snapped his fingers with sass.

"You really need to stop watching all those tv dramas Gabe." Lucifer said as he rubbed his temples.

"You're just hating on me cause I'm pretty and you're not, jealousy is a disease ya know." Gabriel flipped his hair like the queen he was. Lucifer just groaned and walked into the kitchen, Michael close by his side.

"Castiel can I talk to you please?" Chuck finally spoke, Castiel nodded in response and followed his father to his private study room where he worked on his books.

Chuck sat down behind his desk while Cass pulled another chair and sat across his father, Chuck's expression softened and spoke up breaking the silence.

"Castiel are you okay?"

Cass honestly didn't expect the question he was asked and tried to search for a answer.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" Castiel straightened his posture and put on a obviously fake smile. Chuck sighed and massaged his temples.

"Have you been taking your medication, Castiel?"

Castiel looked down and fumbled with his hands, the audible silence was enough for Chuck to conclude a answer of his own.

"We're just trying to help you Castiel, you don't have to do this alone. We're all here for you," Chuck finished with a soft smile.

"We all love you Castiel, we really do."

Cass felt bad for what he did, he didn't want them to worry about him so much.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think you guys would worry so much about me." He said in a soft hushed tone as he couldn't bring himself to speak louder.

"Its okay Castiel, just please tell us where you are next time. Even Lucifer was worried." Chuck exclaimed, Castiel's head was a mess. He didn't know what to think anymore. 

"You can go to your room now if you want to, and if any of your siblings get too annoying just tell me and I'll make sure they'll leave you alone."

Castiel smiled at his father's words and quietly excused himself from the private study and went straight to his bedroom luckily not bumping into any of his siblings along the way. Once he reached his room he took his shoes off and laid face down on his bed.

Today was a long and tiring day and Castiel couldn't wait for it to be entirely over. His phone in his pocket started buzzing, he groaned and turned so he was laying on his back and took the phone out of his pocket.

Charlie had texted him.

Castiel smiled as he read the new message from his friend.

From Panicked Lesbian:

omg cassie where were u???

if u ran away u should've taken me with u >:(

ill never 4give u if u left me >:((

cassie I swear 2 chuck ill kill u

who will help me pick up hot chicks now??????

Castiel laughed at some of the many text messages Charlie had send him, she always knew how to make him feel better when he was feeling down, he was about to call her but was interrupted with a knock on his door, after a few seconds of silence the door handle turned and the door opened revealing Michael at the door.

He walked into the room and closed the door behind him and went to sit by Castiel on his bed.

"Hey Castiel, how are you feeling?" Micheal asked him in a soft gentle voice, Castiel liked Michael a lot, he thought he was good for Lucifer.

"I'm alright I guess."

"You sure? I know something is bothering you. I'm not trying to pressure you into talking or something but I just wanted you to know I'm here if you need me." Michael finished with a smile and affectionately rubbed Castiel's back.

Cass nodded and gave a smile back.

"Dang, I gotta go before Luci notices I'm missing, I'll talk to you later?" Castiel nodded again and Michael stood up and walked to the door and opened it, he gave a look at Castiel and smiled sweetly at him again before leaving.

Only then Castiel noticed how tired he truly was, he quickly stood up and shed his clothes and exchanged this with blue plaid pyjama pants and a simple gray tshirt. Once he was done he checked his phone again to see if he had any new notifications.

Just some kids calling him homophobic slurs in his insta dm's, nothing new. Cass plugged his phone into his charger and sighed thinking about the comments those kids send to him. Castiel laid flat on his back and stared at his ceiling with a heavy heart.

Maybe tomorrow will be a good day.

_________________________________________

Soooooo, this is my first supernatural fic! Hope you guys liked it. Sorry that it's a little short, the next chapter will be around the same length but then about Dean. Sort of a small introduction, after that they'll probably be way longer if I can manage that, also I am really really bad at updating so I'm sorry if it takes way to long. Just thought it would be fair to let you guys know :) that's all! Hope you enjoyed it :))