Unexpected (Part 7)

Part Summary: Everyone knew Fred Weasley, the cocky, confident, Gryffindor beater and prank extraordinaire. Everything was pretty damn perfect, until he meets a girl he just can't talk to.

************************************************************************************************************

"Hello, Malfoy." The twins greeted in unison – well, greeted is probably the wrong word, growled was a better description. They stood facing each other, leaning on the walls of the hallway; waiting for the Slytherin to pass (courtesy of the Marauders Map).

The blond rolled his eyes as he stopped in his tracks and glared at them. "What do you want, Weasleys?" He spat.

"We just want to ask you something," replied Fred casually.

"About a girl. (Y/N) (Y/L/N), you know her?" George finished.

Draco thought for a moment; the name was familiar, but he couldn't put a face to it. Maybe they were new? "Don't know them, why?"

"She, is in Slytherin." Fred clarified, narrowing his eyes at the boy. "So there must be something you know about her."

Malfoy shrugged, recalling nothing about this girl. "Why would I?"

"Alright, well how about" George began, getting a little impatient with the Slytherin, "you find something out? Yeah? Or maybe you'll just happen find a pompion potion has slipped into your goblet tomorrow, how about that?" He crossed his arms again, glaring down at the boy.

The blond scoffed at the threat, hiding the tinge of dread that struck him. "Whatever, I'll look into it since you two are clearly incapable – consider it a favour, Weasley." He sneered before strutting off, gripping his satchel rather tightly.

A few seconds after hed turned the corner, George looked to his brother with a smirk; the two exchanged a look before bursting into laughter. "Oh Merlin, did you see his face?" George snickered, bending over and resting his hands on his knees.

Fred took a moment to catch his breath, "I think you scared him a bit there, Georgie."

"Well, at least we convinced him, eh?" He replied, straightening himself out and clapping a hand over Freds shoulder. "Anyway, Divination's starting in a bit, you'll wanna get goin'." He grinned cheekily, strutting off to their lesson, letting Fred catch up.

Freds heart jumped a little as they got closer to the stairs, seeing students climbing up them already. "Listen, George, I dunno about all this really--"

"-Come off it, Fred. I know you like this girl, alright, so maybe its good that you're nervous—"

"—I'm not nervous—"

"–Yes you are, don't deny it, I can tell." Fred frowned as they started to ascend the steps, letting his twin continue. "So, just go sit next to her and try to talk, and ask her to tutor you – simple."

"No, but its not simple, George." Fred whined as they reached the top, seeing that the room was almost full. He looked in and saw her sitting at her desk, using her quill to sketch something in a notebook; he froze, his eyes locked on her yet again unable to look away from her stunning silhouette. Merlin, did green look good on her. But looked back to George when a hand was waved in front of his eyes.

Sighing lightly, George placed his hands on both of Freds shoulders, preparing to give him a little bit of confidence, if he could. "Look, Freddie, you like her. And you've seen this girl, she's gorgeous, if you don't at least try to talk to her soon, for all you know she could forget about you and end up with someone who had the balls to do what you didn't. Okay? So go in there, sit next to her, and make her fall for you. Alright?"