2.7 // four cities,two planes,the same day

Ashton's POV-

"Surprise trips are just your thing, aren't they?" Katie rolled her eyes, stuffing shirt after shirt in he suitcase. Just recently, I had told her about the plan where we will be leaving for Australia. Promblem is: last night, I fell asleep and forgot to tell her, so I woke up at noon and told her then. Luckily, she wasn't pissed.

"Yeah, that and I'm also very forgetful," I said from my spot on the bed. Currently, I was laying face up as I stared at the ceiling and heard Katie moving around the room. We had to leave in about two hours, however, there was a part of the story I hadn't told her.

"Listen, Katie, there's something I haven't told you," I began, sitting up on the bed and locking eyes with her. She seemed concerned, bus she really didn't have to be. "You and your band have to do something in Las Vegas, so you're gonna stop by there, do whatever you have to do, and I'll be waiting for you in Australia."

"I mean- I guess that's okay." She frowned, but still shrugged. It was no lie that I felt bad for leaving her all alone with people who have mixed feelings towards her. However, it seemed like something else was bothering her. So, I stood up and got closer to her, grabbing her waist as she walked to reach for a pair of shorts.

"What's wrong, baby?" She tried getting away from me, but I just grabbed her hand and pulled her in so that we could talk. Katie looked down as she folded whatever was in her hands. In a way, she seemed somehow disappointed.

"I just- I don't know about this whole trip." She mumbled, throwing, what I though was a shirt, down and sighing. With her free hand, she ran her nimble fingers through her hair and pouted.

"Everyone I ever knew still lives there, and I haven't stepped foot in Australia for a while." She shrugged, her face falling in tone color. Frankly, the only two reasons why I was dragging Katie all the way to fucking Australia was because: 1. I needed her to meet my family; 2. I needed to meet hers.

Ever since I read that letter from her dad, the same words have replaying over and over again. "She just wants to feel your presence". Honestly, I have no idea what Katie's dad meant by this, but it truly frightened me.

"You'll love it, besides, we'll be staying with my parents, so they will not let us leave the house that much." I quickly stuttered out, just to think more about the letter as she thought about whatever she pondered about again. But frankly, I couldn't focus back on the letter. This was because Katie was standing so close to me and she was wearing my shirt and those jeans made her ass look amazing. I could barely focus on keeping my hands to myself, nevertheless a whole other thought.

"Even though you're 20? Do you still have a bedtime?" She teased, her smile getting bigger by the second. Katie looked so fucking adorable, I just wanted to bring her close to me and never let go. Then, I saw her damaged wrist. Still, she hadn't put on today's gauze, so it was very visible to me how many times she mutilated herself.

It pained me to think that she thought so lowly of herself. And that one day when she told me that she didn't think she was unique, I panicked. Perhaps it didn't seem that way, but the whole ideal of her thinking that she wasn't worth it was an excruciating thought in itself. Shaking all of these negative thoughts away, I faintly smiled, the image of her beaten-up wrist still fresh in mind,"Yeah, will be bedtime be a problem?"

"Maybe not, we'll find a way to entertain ourselves, won't we?" Katie said seductively. However, the huge smile on her face threw off that whole vibe and turned a plausible sexual situation into a comedic one. I gasped lowly and brought her face closer to mine as I spoke.

"I hope you're no talking about sex 'cause I don't think Lauren and Harry are ready to know what that is." As soon as I finished this sentence, she laughed her head off and pushed me away slightly. All I did, however, was grab ahold of her other hand and pull her in for a kiss.