Thick Thighs and Strawberry Jam

It was another typical day at the Hyakuya orphanage, Chihiro, Fumie and Akko were playing "tea parties," with a mismatched tea-set and "dolls" (which they had fashioned from various scraps of materials). Taichi and Kouta were "sword fighting" with old broomsticks, and Mika and Yuu were playing chess (which Mika was winning by a landslide for the seventh time in a row).

"D-dammit!" Yuu cursed, childish tears beginning to form in his eyes, "One more time!"

"Sorry Yuu-chan, but it just isn't possible for you to win, you're up against the 'Hyakuya-Orphanage-Chess-Champion' here." Mika replied, smirking at Yuu's adorable crying-face.

"Sh-shaddup, idiot!!" Yuu retorted, red as a tomato from a mix of humiliation and anger, "This time, I swear, I'll beat you!"

"C'mon boys, stop fighting!" Came a cheerful voice from above the two.

They looked up to see Akane Hyakuya smiling down at them, brunette braid dangling forward, and hands planted on her hips.

"W-we're not fighting!" They cried in unison, nothing was worse than the wrath of Akane (which usually involved no curry for a while, the horror).

"Anyway," Akane exclaimed eagerly, face flushed with excitement, "I have an announcement to make!"

The boys groaned, again, in unison. Akane's announcements were never good (they were usually about spring cleaning or laundry day, both of which, in the boys' eyes were equally as terrible).

"I haven't said anything yet!" Akane snapped.

"What I was going to say was that in two days' time it's my eighth birthday!" She finished excitedly.

"Wow!!"

"Akane-nee is so lucky!"

I wish it was my birthday!" The smaller orphans chorused wistfully.

"Really?! That's great Akane-chan!" Mika said enthusiastically, Yuu agreed, both of them secretly relieved that they were spared from torturous spring cleaning.

"We'll have to throw you a party, right guys?!" Mika said, gesturing to the other orphans.

"Yeah!!!" They yelled.

Akane blushed, huge smile plastered on her face.

"Everyone, thank you!" She cried, obviously thrilled.

She skipped away, humming.

That night, Mika and Yuu stayed up late, trying to think of a gift for Akane.

"Hmmm... Now... What does Akane-chan like?" Mika pondered aloud.

"I wonder..." Yuu said, screwing up his forehead in deep thought.

Mika chuckled, "You like an old grandpa, Yuu-chan!"

"Shaddup!" Yuu replied, blushing slightly.

"Yuu-chan's so cute~!" Mika said, tickling the latter.

"St-stop that, you massive idiot!" Yuu yelled, doubling up with laughter, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"I refuse~!" Mika grinned.

He pinned Yuu to their shared futon, still tickling him ferociously, but stopped abruptly when he saw Yuu's face. Cheeks flushed a delicate shade of rose, tears forming in his large, gleaming, emerald eyes, long ebony lashes sodden from crying and plump, pink lips quivering. It was Mika's turn to blush, from his hairline all the way down to his neck, even his ears were tinged bright red.

"Aah! Sorry Yuu-chan, are you okay?! He asked worriedly.

"Of course I'm not okay, stupid Mika!!" Yuu shouted, wrestling the latter.