Chapter 1: Sneaking Out While Staying Home

A gentle breeze whisked through your hair as you sat in the comfortable, but "illegal" (according to your parents), W position amongst the wildflowers.  You giggled as the petals that lay in your lap from the flower you'd been playing with were eased away from off your night clothes and blown away into the distance.  You got up hurriedly and chased them around, like one would often do with butterflies, laughing merrily at how free you felt.  This was where you came after the most stressful of days, and where you always woke up if you didn't have another place in mind before bed.  You didn't know why you travelled the world in your sleep.  You just... did.  But if you had to guess, you'd say magic.  It just had to be magic, right?  Or maybe something similar?  What was it that Peter Pan always said?  Faith, trust, and pixie dust?  Wait, that's flying, duh!

Eventually, you had to bring your fun to a halt when you saw signs of the sky slowly turning a lighter color.  'The sun will be up soon...'  You thought in disappointment.  You knew this meant you had to go back, lest you desire to wake up in a hospital again for something called a... "ko-muh" if you remembered right.  Sighing, you dusted off your night clothes and made your way over to the large, looming willow tree that rested inside the meadow.  Picking up your blanket and favorite stuffed animal (the two things you always brought with you when you were out at night), you situated yourself with them against the tree's trunk.  From there, you allowed the swaying of the willow's leaves to lull you into sleep.

Knock Knock.

You jolted awake, gaze shooting towards the door after taking a quick look at your surroundings.  You were back in your room.  You smiled.  Just in time!  Without a second thought, you laid back down, cuddling your favorite plush as your head rested upon you pillow and blanket.  You closed your eyes, feigning sleep, even if you weren't tired.  The fact that you were never tired after your nightly outings was something you found strange but never really questioned, like many other things.

You heard the door creak open as your mother entered.  She made her way over to your bed and gently shook your shoulder.  "Sweetheart, it's time to wake up.  Breakfast is on the table, and then you have to get ready for school."

You slowly sat up, yawning and stretching as if you'd just woken up from a full night's rest.  Grabbing your stuffed animal, you slid out of bed and made your way downstairs.  A soft smile made its way onto your lips.  You couldn't wait for tonight.

—————————

Annddd... first chapter is done! Yay!  I know it was short and there were no Hazbin Hotel characters in it, but they'll get longer and the characters will come soon! I promise!  Anyways, let me know what you think! And if there's any spelling errors or grammar mistakes, please let me know so I can fix them!