FIVE ante meridiem

"Freedom!" Gray shouted, pumping his fist in the air.

"You're an idiot," I muttered as I closed the trunk behind him.

"May-be," he admitted, hopping into the driver's seat. Gray stretched out and lay with his arms behind his head. "Now that's more like it."

"I think it's great that you're relaxing, but maybe you could do that later," I suggested while climbing into the passenger side. As he started driving, I stole a look at myself in the side view mirror. What a mess. Little hairs that were supposed to frame my face, were going in every direction, and I had large bags under my eyes from our early start this morning. I tried to spruce up the best I could. That was when I noticed our entourage. Two black SUVs headed straight for us. At first, I thought I was being paranoid, but every turn we made, the other cars copied.

"Gray, we've got company." He checked in his mirror and said a word I dare not repeat. "And here I thought the hard part was over."

At first, Grayson tried every subtle trick he could think of to throw them off our trail. He didn't want to hint that we knew their true intentions. Gray took a dizzying amount of turns, made a U-turn, and refused to use his blinkers several times so they wouldn't know our moves until we made them. Nothing seemed to shake them.

"Time for plan B," Gray grimaced as he pressed petal to metal, "Let's see how fast this baby can go." The Jaguar revved as it shot forward and Colette had to grip onto her seat with all her strength. First a nearly fatal flight and now a terrifying car chase through the city? What on earth was going on?

Colette's crazed driver shot through a red light nearly crashing into several cars on the way. She risked a glance behind her to realize the two SUVs were still on their trail.

"You've gotta lose them, Gray!" He nodded and gripped the steering wheel even harder.

"Hold on!" Gray made a sharp turn into an alley that was so tight our vehicle scraped along the edges with a horrible screech. It was a tight fit for us, but an impossible fit for the larger vehicles of our followers. They stopped just at the entry to the alley eliciting a WHOOP! from Gray

His excitement was cut short when a third car pulled out in front of us just as we shot out of the alley. There was no time to slam on the brakes.

We collided and everything went black.