Chapter 8

The Bonfire

I was in middle of a conference call when my phone rang. I picked up the phone. "King" "Brother, are you too busy for your baby sister?" I smile it was always good to hear her voice. "No, jus t finishing up a conference call. I can never ever be busy for you, why? Do you need me for anything?" I asked. "yes, I need a bonfire and some cosy family time. This baby is going to be here soon and I need all of my family to be here for this." She said.

Sometimes I think she is still a child even when she is going to have a child herself. "Sam? You are coming right?" She asked. "Yes, I will be there. I won't be alone though." I informed her. "I don't expect you to Sam. And I cannot wait to meet her. Ezra was telling me about your girl. I think we should welcome her to the family. And what would be a better occasion than a bonfire?"

"I think it is a good idea. I will talk to her. See you tonight ok hermana?" "All right hermano, I will see you tonight do not forget it." I told her keeping the phone down. I returned back to my conference. "Sorry gentlemen and ladies, it was family." They nodded. "So, where are we?" I asked.

I was waiting for her at my cabin in hospital. She didn't know I had bought the hospital; she just know I am running the charity. I didn't tell her. I couldn't have told her that I was her boss and she happen to date her boss. Yes, this is the fourth day, and we are still getting stronger. I love her and there is no doubt over it. I have fell for her. But I cannot tell her that not now

The door of my cabin opened. "You are here? I thought you would be a little late today." She said. I pulled her closer slowly. "I missed you hermosa, so I came because it had been harder for me to stay away from you." She smiled. "So, you have stopped a whole day of work just for me?" She asked. "Kind of. And also, I wanted to see if you will be available tonight and for tomorrow" I said. "Why so? "She asked.

"Tonight, is the bonfire, and my sister had invited me. I kind of told her that I won't be alone." "But isn't it a family thing?" She asked, "No, not a family thing, just a thing with friends and family and beside my mom would be there too. She had come down to New York because my sister is about to have a baby." She smiled. 

"And tomorrow?" She asked. "It is a Wedding of my secretary at 4:00 P.M. in evening, I am invited and I am in dire need of a date for the event." She pulled me by my collars. "Do you now Sam? And why should I be your date?" she asked. "Because I can offer you more after the date?" It came out more as a question then as answer.

She raised her brow, and then she looked at me with her penetrating gaze. "I know what you are trying to offer Mr. But remember I have a squad here who will hunt you down." I laughed. "They are in my favour now remember? Children love me, yours are nothing different but I can make them our if you want to." I offered. She crossed her arms against my neck, "They already are ours."

It was seven in evening and she was at my place getting dressed. I insisted that I can buy her anything she likes but she refused telling me that she can do that for herself. And that she will wear what she has. I didn't argue because I didn't wish to unknowingly offend her. I was waiting for her down at the hallway. As the clock stroke seven fifteen, she graced me with her presence and what a beautiful presence it was.

"What?" She asked. "Am I not presentable enough?" "So far away from that, you look beautiful hermosa, come we don't want to be late, my sister is awfully cranky these days." I said. "It is normal, all girls go through this when are pregnant" "So that means you too will be cranky?" I asked before I can stop myself. "Depends on whether the person who made me pregnant at the first place would meet my demands or not."

That means I still have hope for future, don't I? I drove to their mansion and the entire journey she talked about her day the patients she had treated and what the hospital could have. I listened to her voice; it was kind of soothing to know that she was here for me. Her presence itself was comforting to me. The Mansion was in view.