fourteen

🅐🅥🅐🅝🅘🅢 🅟🅞🅥
"Woah..." I said, after awhile of catching my breath.

Colby chuckled and started to put his clothes back on. I struggled to get my dress on in the tiny backseat of the car, but I ended up getting it eventually.

Colby looked at me then whispered in my ear. "I bet your last boyfriend couldn't do it like that, huh?" He whispered, smirking.

I blushed and looked at him biting my lip.

Colby raised an eyebrow. "Hm? Could he?" Colby joked.

I didn't answer, embarrassed. I also felt my face turn red and I tried to hide it.

All of a sudden, Colby's jaw dropped.

"Wait...were you a..?" He asked.

I nodded in embarrassment.

"Why didn't you tell me? I would have gone easier on you." He chuckled.

I shrugged and giggled lightly. "I think it was perfect."

Colby smiled and rested his head on my shoulder.

"I did too."

***

Once we got back into the lobby of the hotel, Colby wrapped his arm around my waist and walked beside me.

I smiled and walked close to him. I looked up at him and blushed.

He's the guy you just lost your virginity to.

He's officially your boyfriend.

But why does something feel...wrong?

What am I missing? What puzzle piece is lost? Everything is perfect between Colby and I. We're together, I trust him, he trusts me. What else can we be missing?

We walked into Colby's hotel room and I sat on the couch.

"I'm exhausted." I said, rubbing my eyes. Colby sat next to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

This doesn't feel right...I don't know why. I really like Colby...what's going on?

"Do you wanna get some sleep?...Avani?" He asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh- yea..I do." I said nodding a little.

"Avani...are you feeling okay?" He asked.

Shit.

"Yea i'm fine." I said with a small giggle.

"Okay..." He said, giving me a weird look.

I sighed and got up, walking to Colby's room and changing into one of his hoodies and a pair of nike pros.

Colby walked in a little bit after. I got in bed and put the covers over myself. I stared at the wall, trying my best to find out what's going on.

Soon enough, I felt Colby's warmth wrap around me. I smiled lightly and went right back to thinking.

I heard Colby sigh. "Baby...are you sure you're alright? Something is obviously bothering you." He said, sitting up.

I sat up and faced him, shrugging as my answer.

Colby held my hand and looked me in the eyes. "Come on...you can trust me. You know that." He said giving me a small smile.

"S-Something just..doesn't feel right." I said, causing Colby's smile to fade.

"About us..?" He asked with a frown.

"No- I- I don't know." I said, looking down, tears forming in my eyes.

"What do you mean you don't know? Something inside you just feels wrong?" He asked, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

I nodded, looking up at him.

"Could it be that you lost your virginity? Maybe that's what feels weird." He suggested.

I mean..that could be it.

"You're right. Maybe that's what it is." I said with a light smile.

Colby smiled and sighed of relief.

"Let's get back to bed now, silly." Colby said with a laugh.

"Yeah. Only If you give me lots and lots of cuddles." I said with a smile.

"I was gonna give you lots and lots of cuddles even if you didn't want lots and lots of cuddles, dummy." Colby said, tickling me.

"Hey!" I said giggling.

Colby laughed then stopped tickling me. He looked at me and smiled, making me smile back.

I laid back down and he laid beside me, wrapping his arms around me. He whispered one last thing in my ear.

"I'm excited for our future together babygirl." He said, then went to sleep.

All of a sudden, it hit me like a ton of bricks.

Colby and I go separate ways in four days...

I only have four days with my boyfriend?

Colby and I will be all the way across the country from each other...he has to go home to Los Angeles and i'm gonna be all the way in Nashville...

I felt tears start to form up in my eyes. How is long distance gonna work? What if he finds someone else at home and forgets about me completely? What if he actually doesn't care about me and this is just some stupid beach fantasy type shit?

I can't live without him...

I can't live 2,000 miles away from him either.

That's exactly what i'm missing...

The fact that relationship won't work.

A/N short chapter, big purpose. 😤