12. game begins.

(Shirley's POV)

I was stunned by the text that was written, it felt horrific to me. Was it the same guy!? Was it the mysterious one? Was he thinking that I was stalking him!? Oh my goodness that would be like so inappropriate because I was obviously not stalking him. The last encounter that I had was in the corridor and since I haven't even thought about him. Yet here he is, running through my mind now. I ran straight to my house, without carrying anything with me. I'll just say that I couldn't find the bakery, and I didn't, it's the truth. I opened the door palpitating and laying one hand on my chest to even my breathing. Why was the text bothering me so much?

"what took you so long... Shir are you okay honey?" My mom saw me catching my breath and wiped some drops of sweat dripping down my forehead.
"I'm okay... I'm fine I just umm... It was... I couldn't find the bakery and..." I wasn't even able to form a sentence.
"It's okay dear, come here sit down. No problem I'll get it myself. You should've called me Shir, I would've guided you the way." Mom and I sat on the couch and I told her that I forgot my phone at home so couldn't call anyone at the moment. She caressed my back for a while, after a little bit of silence she spoke up,

"I tried to call Shaun, but as usual he didn't pick up." She said and I frowned at her. Shaun, what could I say about him. Besides the fact that he's my older brother, I had nothing to do with him. Initially like other siblings we were close too. We used to do everything that siblings tend to do like playing, fighting, whining, caring about each other. Everything was so peaceful but he had to go to Texas for his studies and dad granted the permission for him to go. My dad had done everything for him to live his life there but in return what he gave was abandonment. He lost contact with us, with Dad and all I could do was watch my parents being upset over a brat who never valued his own parents.

"Mom why are you doing this? I don't understand after all he's done with y'all, you still try to contact him in one or the other way, why?"
"I just thought...." Before she could complete her sentence dad entered,
"Hello my ladies, I'm home. What's the matter? Why is everything gloomy?" After the incident, dad pulled himself together and gave us the happiness he wished he could give his son. He thought that he was wrong but never acknowledged Shaun's faults at all. That's what bugged me all the time. I never interfered in their matter but I knew what was going on.
"Mom tried to call him... again..." I told him while giving him a glass of water. He sighed and put his briefcase aside to accept the glass.
"I really don't know what to say to that now. I am tired explaining you Suzanne and everyone."
My mom walked up to him and convinced us yet again to which they both led to an argument and it only caused dad to walk out of the living room.
"I'll talk to him."
"No Shir, he is already furious over me. I don't want you to get hurt." She refused me to talk to him but I was not backing out from this.

"I am talking to my dad, mum. He'll never hurt me. That's the reason I love him so much." I left her hand and walked towards the bedroom. The door was opened so I didn't bother to knock. I entered inside sat beside him on the edge of the bed.
"Tell mum I'm not hungry Shir. I'll just be here for a while, you go eat don't starve because of me." He is very amusing sometimes.
"I'm here to talk to my dad not some seven year old kid who knows only one trick to get what he wants." He chuckled a little and let me continue.
"I know the last time I had this conversation with you was a little different than what it is now. But I just wanna say don't blame yourself dad. Please, it was never your fault, he was the one who left us  out of the blue. He is the one to blame dad not you." He shook his head insisting me to stop but I held his hand and continued,
"I know that all these years I've been trying to win your heart by achieving something appreciable. I've done it now and I just want you to be happy for me and for us as a family. I'll never let you down dad." He embraced in a hug which I gladly accepted. He kissed my forehead,
"Promise me one thing Shir. That you'll always be grateful for whatever you've been getting. And never forget where you belong" I  agreed. Of course I would never do such a thing. I was more than grateful to have parents like them. They've done so much for me. My mom was eavesdropping on us and I saw that, dad noticed it too so he walked towards the door and saw that mom was yet in the position of hearing our conversation. She quickly flinched which made me laugh.
"Very eager are we here..." I saw my mom looking down hiding her blush. Wow dad really had that affect on her. He hugged her too and I eventually joined them. We're happy like this and I don't wanna change it.

A day later...

(Zayn's POV)

"Z... the fuck are you doing here? We're supposed to lead. The competition is about to start and I clearly don't wanna be late." Cole came in to the van. He banged a basketball on my head in order to wake me up. Where was he when we were fuckin' practicing?
"Who the fuck told you to come in? And we're not late infact it's..." I saw the time it was 8.00! Wait what?
"It's 8 in the fuckin' morning... Get the fuck out of here Cole lemme sleep. What the heck were ya thinking?" Man who wakes up so early!?
"Z, man come on. At least once get your lazy ass up early. I mean Max ain't picking up and you're here and I'm tensed. Bella's gonna attend the event, she's my extra." Sure he had to bring that lizard. Anyway, I didn't mind her I mean she wasn't bothering me. I simply don't give a fuck.
"You know what Cole, how about you go open the club and gather everyone and do everything yourself and let. Me. Sleep!" I laid back in bed. He didn't seem to budge instead he was dialing someone from.... His phone? Wait no my phone!! I saw him dialing someone from my phone and it was 'mom' he showed it to me and I got myself up and took the phone away from him, I cut the line before she could pick up. I smacked his head hard and he took the advantage to push me out of the van to wake me up.
"Dick! do you think maybe once in your life."
"At least you woke up!" He shrugged and chuckled. I'mma kill him right now. I smacked him one more time on the head and he kept chuckling. My hair were all messed up so I tossed them a little. We both opened the club but no one's yet allowed to come and I don't think anybody is an annoying sparrow like Cole. We entered and I did my routine. Mostly I spend my time here including my routine and stuff cause everything was arranged in it.
"Ain't everything arranged? What else is left to do?"
"We're not here for that Z, Max is gonna do the big work. We're here to just you know...get ready!" He smirked and walked to the store room and came back with our skateboards.
"Let's go !" I took my skateboard and we placed it down and glided our way through.

It was time for the competition. nervousness, stress, confidence, excitement almost everything was making it's way through. There were quiet cranky brains who participated in the competition and then I saw someone with army pants and a t- shirt with her gross hair and a headband. What was her name again? Fuck it who cares? I'm so gonna win this and let everyone know who ZAYN really is. Just ZAYN. Let the game begin.

**************