Chapter Twenty-Three

(y/n)'s POV

I woke up Saturday morning laying on the floor, curled up with Lily and using her as a pillow. I smiled sleepily at her and gave her some ear scratches, earning some delighted tail wags in response. What a true baby, I loved my dog so much.

Katherine was passed out a couple feet away, sprawled on the couch with a light blanket thrown over her.

I pressed a kiss to Lily's head before getting up and drowsily walking on the cool tile to the soft carpeting where my bag was laid, right behind the couch Katherine slept on.

I grabbed my clothes for the day, baggy gray sweatpants with white paint stains from set crew days and an oversized black tee with the words "I Myself am Strange and Usual" in white print. It was a decent outfit, I didn't look awful in it when I wore it and the paint on my pants didn't really bother me.

I went into her bathroom to change, frowning at my extremely messy hair in the mirror. I stole Kath's brush to make it actually semi-decent, and eventually walked out, immediately grabbing a hair-tie to put it back in a messy ponytail.

I then grabbed some black socks, since my feet were cold. It was a whole look and a half anyway.

Hopefully those people who said girls looked best in oversized sweatpants and messy hair were right, because I didn't particularly wanna put in any effort to look nice but still wanted to feel like I could possibly look nice.

I saw Katherine stirring, and immediately Lily decided to smother her in kisses. I laughed, trying to stay quiet but the initial burst of laughter had been loud.

She awoke confused, but quickly realized what was going on and groaned, but started to rub the big oaf's ears lovingly, seemingly out of habit. Lily was a big fan of waking people up via kiss attack.

The thought made me think of Jack for some ungodly reason, and that night we fell asleep together. Now that I was thinking about it, I kind of almost wished he'd peppered my face in kisses, which was weird because we definitely weren't dating and never would.

That was a very strange train of thought and I definitely needed to stop thinking of that because I was blushing and Katherine would open her eyes soon, so I went to turn my back as I took my hair down to re-tie it up, just to pretend to be doing something other than thinking.

I cooled down, but grabbed my oversized light gray school hoodie and pulled it on over my head. I had finally calmed down a bit, turning to see Kath blinking the sleep from her eyes.

"How long have you been awake?" She yawned before pressing a kiss to Lily's head, burying her head in the fluff.

"Just a couple minutes, I literally just got done getting dressed. I should probably leave soon." Kath released a guttural groan, taking her face from the dog's fur and glaring at me.

"Don't you dare take my warmth away." She said, so of course I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Guess you just have to suffer, I'm heading out, I sassed, grabbing my sheet music binder and tucking it in the small bag I brought, taking out a leash for my pupper in the process. Lily saw it and bounded towards me excitedly, jumping up on me.

"Hey hey! No! No jumping!" I scolded, schooling my face into a frown, despite the smile peeking through like sunshine on a cloudy day, just barely breaking through the clouds and streaming onto the streets.

"You're so authoritative with her, I don't know how you do it." Kath said, tiredly getting up off the couch to wrap me in a hug that I gladly reciprocated.

"It's hard, but it's good for her. See you on Monday!" I said, heading through the lesser used hallways of this expansive mansion to sneak the big ol' oaf out of the house without the dreaded Mr. Pulitzer catching her in here.

She was quiet, sensing the need in the situation to remain silent. I got out and walked home, tiredness setting in again.

I'd take a shower, do some homework, practice some singing and then take a nap later.

Whether I liked it or not, this would be a productive Saturday, dammit!

(743 words)