Agony

Summary: Scott and Kira love each other but they both belong to other people.

---

Scott know it's wrong.

He knows that he's lucky to have Kendra. She's nice and funny and bold. She gets along with his friends. She and Scott have similar interests. But Kendra doesn't smell like jasmine and vanilla, she isn't awkward. She doesn't have a giggle that makes Scott's stomach drop and a smile that causes his heart to skip a beat. Her body doesn't mold perfectly to his in every way imaginable, regardless of having to reach him on the tips of her toes and Scott still having to bend down anyways the way Kira's does.

Scott tries to fight it, tries to act as if Kira isn't the girl with his heart. Tries to act as if seeing Kira walk around with Aaron doesn't feel like a knife is being twisted into his body. Scott tries to act like he doesn't see the way Kira looks at him; as if she wants nothing more than to call him hers. But he does. And he knows Kira can see that same look in his eyes as well.

At school, Scott gives Kendra small kisses in between classes, inwardly wishing it was Kira. It seems that almost every time he does it, Kira is coming around the school's corner; as if the universe is trying to terrorize him with the stricken look that overtakes her face every time.

And the universe always wants to get Scott and Kira even, it seems, constantly gracing Kira with Scott's presence whenever she and Aaron do something particularly couple-like. Kira feels like she has gotten sucker punched in the face every time she catches Scott's sad eyes.

Group outings are the worst. They have, seemingly, no where to escape. Even with their friends' behavior, it is impossible for Scott and Kira to ignore each other's presence. Scott still looks at Kira every time something funny happens just so he can watch her laugh. Kira still turns to Scott whenever Stiles does something Stiles-like so that she can watch the fond smile overtake his face.

Some days Scott and Kira can be around each other without anyone else around. Aaron and Kendra would both be busy with their extracurriculars, his being the basketball team and hers being cheerleading, and with it not being lacrosse season, Scott and Kira are free. The rest of their friends tend to let them be on these days (or any days like them), an unspoken agreement between them all.

These days were innocent. They would watch television or movies, go to the park, play video games. Anything was fine as long as they were together and could just be. When touches lingered and gazes wandered to places they should not have, neither said anything. It was the only time these things could happen.

But then, one day, during a one-on-one lacrosse match in Scott's backyard, that all changed. They were tied, Kira about to get the winning point when Scott went to intercept but had tripped on his shoelace, causing him to bump forward into her. It had so much force that the two had fallen, Scott switching their bodily positions midway through in order to take the brunt of it.

The two had laughed, Kira looking down at Scott, her black hair framing their faces. As their laughter began to slow, tension grew and Scott put some hair behind her ear. The two slowly but surely moved forward, unable to fight it any longer.

The kiss started off tender and soft, almost shy, before deepening. Scott lifted his back off of the ground, his arms tightening around Kira's hips and hers gripping around his neck, her legs wrapping around him as she did so.

It was even better than Scott and Kira had imagined it. The way they felt; the butterflies, the missing piece of a puzzle being complete, they had never felt with their respective partners. They knew it was wrong and that they should have stopped, but they couldn't. They had wanted this for too long.