Chapter 1

Malty POV

"(Y/N) SIT DOWN!" I said as the toddler ran around the carriage, he just looked back at me sadly, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to shout." I said as he sat down next to me. I decided to take (y/n) with me, not because I felt sorry for him or anything. I just couldn't leave him with those damn filthy demi-humans, there's no telling what those savages would have done to him! Suddenly we stopped, "WHY ARE WE STOPPING!" I said as I opened the door, suddenly the driver's body fell off the carriage his skull completely crushed, "Oh so it's a damn princess who's gonna be my next victim!" A woman said in the distance.

 I just couldn't leave him with those damn filthy demi-humans, there's no telling what those savages would have done to him! Suddenly we stopped, "WHY ARE WE STOPPING!" I said as I opened the door, suddenly the driver's body fell off the carriage ...

Blood dripped from her right hand, "Who are you." I said, "Doesn't matter hun, you'll be dead before you could even hear it." She said, "As source of thy power, I order thee. Decipher the laws of nature and envelope me in an everlasting gust of wind. ZWEIT WHIRLWIND!" She said as she vanished ane reappeared behind me, "Oops looks like I missed. Oh well, I guess that means I'll get to play with you a bit longer." She said as cut appeared on my left cheek, "I intended to cut your head clean off with that attack." She said as a dagger fell from her right sleeve.

"Kane!" (y/n) said happily as he ran over to the woman and hugged her, "(Y/N) GET OVER HERE NOW!" I said as I drew my sword, "(y/n) sweetie I need you to stay behind me and close your eyes until I tell you to open them

"Kane!" (y/n) said happily as he ran over to the woman and hugged her, "(Y/N) GET OVER HERE NOW!" I said as I drew my sword, "(y/n) sweetie I need you to stay behind me and close your eyes until I tell you to open them." The woman said, "I'm going to gut you like the spoiled fish you are! Where do you get off kidnapping my dear nephew!" She said angrily as a second shorter blade fell from her left sleeve.

" The woman said, "I'm going to gut you like the spoiled fish you are! Where do you get off kidnapping my dear nephew!" She said angrily as a second shorter blade fell from her left sleeve

"As source of thy power, I order thee. Decipher the laws of nature and shroud me in eternal darkness. DARK ECLIPSE!" She shouted angrily as she sprinted at me and then vanished, "Dark blade."She said as a pitch-black mana blade pierced through me causing me to collapse to the ground, "While that cant kill you, that had to have hurt like hell." She said. I could tell she was about to stab me with the short dagger, and this time there wouldn't be a mana blade to protect me. Suddenly I felt something flop on top of me, "(y/n) move!" The woman demanded, "NO!" (y/n) said, "(y/n) please move. Why would you protect her?!" She said, "Myne." He said. "Get up princess." She said with a sigh, "My name is Akane." She said, "And why attack me?!" I asked as I pulled (y/n) behind me, "Simple, money. You see I'm an assassin and a very good one at that. So when my client gave me this job it wasn't personal...until I saw MY nephew with you, a woman he has never met, it got real personal." She said, "Well I'm taking him back to the castle." I said, "No I'm taking him home to his parents!" She said, "The same parents who were killed in the wave?" I said. She fell to her knees in shock, "Kane come?" (y/n) said sweetly.

Akane POV

"This is such bullshit!" I said angrily, "Oh come now Akane you do want to continue to be around (y/n) don't you? If not then feel free to leave." Malty said, "You know I only took this damn job to keep an eye on you. I still don't trust you with my nephew." I said, "So when you hired me I assumed that it was for my assassination skills...NOT AS A DAMN MAID!" I said angrily, "Oh come now you look cute in that outfit." She said as she put the maid headband on me, "I hate this I hate everything about this." I said.

"This is so stupid I'm an assassin, not a damn maid!" I said as sat out plates and silverware for whatever the king was doing later tonight, "This is taking too long. Maybe I can speed this up." I said as I picked up several forks, knives, and spoons between my fingers and threw them into their proper places on each of the tables, "Now for the pates." I said as I threw the plates as I ran to get better angles. I threw those ridiculous little saucer plate things on top of the normal plates and folded napkins on top of them. "Now all that's left is the glasses and decorations." I said, "No all that's left is for you to leave assassin." A woman said, "So you must be one of those infamous shadows I've heard so much about." I said as I began to decorate the room, "Now assassin why is it you've come here?" She asked, "I'm sorry but I believe you are mistaken, I am a maid in the service of lady Malty S Melromarc." I said as I bowed, "Now then I must get back to work, however, if you prove to be a hindrance impeding me from completing my duties than I shall be forced to take action." I said.

Malty POV

"Mama." (y/n) said as he hugged my leg, "Wait, mama. Me?!" I said in shock, "Mama." he said, "Oh well I guess being your mother won't be so bad. Maybe one day you could be a prince!" I said, "Now time for bed. I'll even tell you some stories my father told me when I was little, stories about the three brave heroes and the devil of the shield." I said as I tucked him into bed.