1 | BREAK PERIOD

"get back here, you hobo!" jaehyun yelled as he and his group of friends chased taeyong down the hallway of sm high school during break period.

taeyong ran down the hall as fast as he could to get away from them and went out the double doors, the other boys right behind him. they were now chasing the read headed boy outside in the sunny skies of august.

taeyong had started school a couple weeks ago and he was already getting bullied. the red headed boy had no clue as to why, but he knew to run whenever he saw jaehyun or any of his friends, whether they were alone or together.

feeling tired and exhausted, taeyong managed to hide behind some trash cans while jaehyun and his friends ran by without a clue. relieved, taeyong wiped away the sweat that had begun to form on his forehead, still trying to take in some oxygen after running halfway across campus.

sm high school is one of the most prestigious high schools in seoul. only the richest people get to go there. their academics is way beyond any other school in seoul, their sports teams are also the best, and everyone who attends is wealthy enough to pay the school's unbelievably high tuition.

everyone except taeyong.

lee taeyong comes from a poor family; his mom has to work 2 part time jobs in order to keep her and taeyong under a roof. taeyong also works 2 part time jobs to help his mom pay for food and clothing items. taeyong's dad had an affair with someone after getting married. his parents got a divorce and taeyong's dad kick him and his mom out, leaving him with all the wealth and riches.

taeyong tried not to think about it, and it usually works, but that doesn't help when jaehyun and his friends are always mentioning how his parentS, plural, are unable to afford him to be able to go to this school.

and that's true. the red haired boy isn't attending sm high school because he's rich enough to pay the tuition; taeyong got a scholarship after passing a difficult test that others usually don't pass. he's a really smart kid and others used to mock him for that, but taeyong ignored them and kept moving on.

"taeyong!" someone shouted. the said boy became alert at hearing his name, thinking it was jaehyun and his friends again, but as he turned around, the red head boy found jaehyun to be nowhere in sight and instead found his best friends doyoung and sicheng.

sure, the three only meet a couple weeks ago, but they knew that they would be best friends forever. one reason is that they clicked straight away.

"i just saw jaehyun hyung and his friends frantically searching for you," sicheng said as taeyong became a bit more alert at hearing the name of his bully of two weeks.

"yeah. instead of finding nemo, they're searching for taeyong," doyoung said, breaking into laughter alone as taeyong and sicheng looked at him like he was crazy.

"i don't know this dude," taeyong said, exchanging eye contact with sicheng while the two of them shook their heads.

"hey! that was rude!" doyoung said as he began to chase the two of them. the trio ran around the court yard located in the front of the school, sicheng and taeyong running away from a playfully mad doyoung.

as the boys began to calm down, they sat down at one of the many picnic tables that was available in the courtyard. the only other people who were visible were some fourth years: sehun, luhan, kyungsoo, and jongin, who were located a few tables away.

the three sat down to enjoy the rest of their break period, which mostly consisted of them laughing and talking about nothing. suddenly, doyoung brought up jaehyun's name while taeyong was blanking out, catching the attention of the red haired boy.

"uh, sicheng," doyoung started. "jaehyun is planning for all of us to get together."

"all of us? all twenty of us?" sicheng asked in amusement.

"mmhmm."

doyoung and sicheng are friends of jaehyun. they are part of a bigger friend group that has a total of 20 members in it, the largest group known to exist in sm high. they were all really close when doyoung was a freshman, though most were still in middle school at the time, but all of them began to slowly drift apart when doyoung reached second year. now, jaehyun was planning for all 20 of them to get together again, now since everyone is in high school as well.

"i mean... i don't have a problem with it. we haven't really talked to jaehyun hyung or anyone else in about a year now," sicheng said. doyoung nodded along, agreeing.

the two boys looked towards their friend, taeyong. he was looking back and forth between them, obviously very confused and conflicted. he scratched his head, unable to comprehend the words exchanged by the two younger boys.

"taeyong," doyoung started, causing taeyong to look towards him. "come with us to the reunion."

"what!? no way! jaehyun is going to be there!" taeyong said as he shook his head frantically. sicheng and doyoung exchanges looks for what seemed like the fifteenth time this past hour.

"please, taeyong hyung? i promise it will be fun! plus, guanheng is going, too," sicheng pleaded his hyung, wanting him to go with them to the reunion. the two were aware that this would be taeyong's first time attending their reunion; after all, he is a new student.

taeyong spent a couple seconds giving it thought. he believed that there wouldn't be any problem going, but since jaehyun was going to be there, he was afraid that jaehyun would come after him again.

after a few moments, the red headed boy looked to his two friends and finally decided. "okay! i'll go, but if jaehyun bothers me, i'm going to leave."

"that's fair," sicheng said as he smiled.

"yay! taeyong is coming!" doyoung exclaimed, standing from his seat and punching the air in excitement. the other two just shook their head playfully while looking at their friend, a smile stretched on their faces from ear to ear.