Chapter 19

Echo POV

"I just don't see how a regular hose could have that much pressure." Robbie says.

"Yep. That's a mysterious hose." Beck says putting everything away.

"So how longer before we can get her running again?" Robbie asks as Beck walks next to me to open the door.

"Three or four seconds." Beck says getting in the car and turning it on pressing on the accelerator for Robbie to hear the motor.

"Wow. It sounds great." He says not looking as happy as he should.

"Uh-huh." Beck says turning off the car and getting out while we both watch Robbie kick the ground.

"You're not smiling." Beck says closing the hood and I take a seat on it predicting what's next.

"I only smile when I'm happy." Robbie says and I open my legs as Beck moves back to seat between them.

"Ok, talk to daddy." He says making me chuckle hugging his stomach and placing my head on his shoulder.

"It's just, I was sorta having fun with this whole car-fixing thing. Cause of all the girls who came by to watch." Robbie says taking a seat as well.

"They sprayed you with a hose." I say looking at him weird.

"Well I didn't like that part but-" Beck cuts him off.

"Dude, now you got a car, a convertible, that works." Beck says.

"I'm not following your 'cool guy' logic." Robbie says making me giggle.

"Girls like guys that have cars." Beck continued to hint.

"Right! Because I could drive then places. Like, to a store!" He says making me shake my head.

"Uh-huh. Now you want me to go find you some cheerleader who need a ride?" Beck asks making me hit his back.

"I'm right here." I say making him chuckle and take my hands wrapping them around his neck and taking hold of my thighs getting up with me on his back.

"Hold on tight." He says getting down to get his tool box and walk away.

"Will the cheerleaders be wearing their uniforms?" Robbie asked as Beck walked away with me on his back.

"That's what makes them cheerleaders!" Beck says making me shake my head.

"That is not true." I say and he chuckles again.

"You just hold on to me monkey." He says making me giggle and shake my head.

~~

"Oh yeah, Beck mind if I call Evan? I sorta promised I'd help him with a song." I say when we got to his RV.

"Evan?" He asked.

"Yeah one of the guys from Cancun." I say making Beck raise his eyebrow.

"You still talk to them?" He asks.

"Of course we even have a chat together." I say sitting on his sofa.

"Why?" He asks making me look up at him.

"Cause we're friends?" I ask confused.

"Whatever." He says and I just sigh pulling my phone out and call Evan putting it in speaker.

"Hey shorty, you free?" He asks to the phone.

"Yeah, you said you had the beat right?" I ask.

"Yeah and it's pretty sick." He says.

"Ok let's hear it." I say pulling the notebook I had the lyrics in from my bag signaling Beck to come sit with me as Evan plays the track. It's really good and sounds so pretty. Beck took my legs placing them on his lap as we listen to the track.

"Ok play it again and listen to me, I already have most of the lyrics ready just need to work on the how to fit them into the song." I say when it was done.

"Roger." He says and plays the track again.

"I can't really tell why there's hills on my skin when you're whispering all your intentions. I don't really know why my heart skips a beat when you get too close. Oh, it's almost just like first love you give everything and you give too much, just like first love, you don't really care if it hurts a lot. When it's all done you look back and know it was worth it all, worth it all. We'll never forget how it feels now. Just like first love, just like first love. When it's all done. Just like first love, we're just making waves, different shades of emotions. Fast and slow, hot and cold." I sing looking at Beck as he raises an eyebrow.

"We bring out the worst and the best in each other but can't let go. Oh, it's almost just like first love. You give everything and you give too much, just like first love, you don't really care if it hurts a lot. When it's all done you look back and know it was worth it all, worth it all. We'll never forget how it feels now. Just like first love, just like first love. When it's all done, just like first love, just like first love." I let the music run a little just repeating 'just like first love' taking Beck's hand in mine.

"I can't really tell why there's hills on my skin when you get too close. Oh, it's almost, just like first love, you give everything and you give too much. Just like first love, you don't really care if it hurts a lot, when it's all done you look back and know it was worth it all worth it all. We'll never forget how it feels now, just like first love." I finish singing and see Beck smiling at me.

"That was very.. deep. Was that for Beck?" Evan asks as I smile at Beck.

"Yeah, you said you wanted a romantic song so I just wrote it about my feelings for Beck." I say hearing Evan chuckle.

"He's a very lucky guy." He says making me chuckle.

"That he is, so you cool with the lyrics?" I ask.

"Yeah." He says.

"K, send me the track and I'll record them at school tomorrow and send the song to you." I say.

"That'll be awesome." He says.

"Alright.. now you have time to bang one of your classmates." I say playfully hearing him laugh.

"Thanks, I'll talk to you tomorrow." He says.

"Alright, bye." I say before he ends the call and I look at Beck.

"Did you like it?" I ask and Beck just get closer to me connecting our lips together in a loving passionate kiss.