𝟬𝟯. 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗶𝗹𝘀

𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟏;𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟑

𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟏;𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟑

iii

iii. 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘴 

Morning condensation fogged the window glass. The radio played only static despite hours of trying to find a music station to fill the void that had become the inside of the BMW. Birds began chirping with the new blue of the morning-time sky. A coat of dew covered the grass of the lined white picket fence houses sitting on the side of the narrow street littered with bright yellow Kids at Play signs.

Sabrina had rested her head against the leather lining of the backside door's armrest. It offered her no comfort but at least it gave her an out of attempting to participate in any kind of conversation. The tension inside the car was thick – so thick a machete wouldn't have been able to cut through it. And it was making Sabrina's stomach churn awkwardly. Had she caused this?

No one spoke. For the entire time that she's been in the car not one word has been said. Except for Steve silently cussing at the radio that refused to cooperate. If this were any other time, it'd be ample time for Sabrina to start making jokes. Tormenting Nancy and embarrassing her in front of Steve. But she could barely bring herself to sit upright. There were no jokes to be told. They were all left to be replaced with the gnawing fear that Sabrina felt deep inside her bones.