𝟬𝟰. 𝘀𝗵𝗶𝘁𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗰𝗶-𝗳𝗶 𝗵𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘀

𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟏; 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟒

𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟏; 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟒

iv

iv. shitty sci-fi horror movies

"The body of Will Byers was found in the water of this very quarry but the state police just hours ago. It was discovered by the State Trooper, David O'Bannon, just after dark. The Police are mounting an investigation to determine the cause of death, but an initial inquiry..."

The pepper-haired reporter spoke solemnly to all of Hawkins. His words sounded, echoing through the Wheeler family living room, sending static noise through the waves. The picture on the television went in and out because of the storm outside. Static masked the words of the middle-aged reporter, but everyone already knew what he had to say.

Sabrina had stopped listening to it a while ago. Her eyes had fallen onto her lap as she watched her hands wring together. The scratches around her wrist were becoming more visible, so she quickly tucked her hands lower into the cushions and looked about the room, noticing everyone had the same expression. Their heads were hung low, eyes dropped to the ground as they pretended to listen to the cold and drenched reporter splaying across their tv screen.

After consoling a heartbroken and confused Mike all night she wasn't in the mood to listen to more stories about her brother's dead best friend.

It was only Sabrina and her parents. Nancy had run off to her room and Mike, hours ago, had slammed the door to the basement, insisting that he didn't want to talk anymore. Sabrina couldn't really blame him. What was there to say? His best friend is gone – dead. There were no words that could fix that.