Chapter 4

I stared blankly at nothing in particular, letting my mind wander to places it has never been before. Her head was resting comfortably on my shoulder as she checks her Facebook on my laptop. Very few words were shared, which surprised me. She didn't seem like the quiet type. The tears were long gone by now. All that remained was silence. Comfortable silence. She felt warm. I could sense her every movement. From the moving of a finger to click like on a status, to the yawn that escapes her sleep deprived body, i felt it.

'Amy?' I am surprised to hear my name escape her mouth.

'Reagan?'

'I just wanted to see if you were asleep' she looks up at my weary eyes and straightens her legs. 'I can leave... if you want me too' She started to stand, and I almost let her. I reach out to where she towers beside me. My hands grasp her hips and pull her back down. A giggle leaves her lips. 'I take that as a no'.

'Are you okay? We can talk about it?' Worried, I still pondered as to what caused her to change so instantly. Did I say or do something wrong? I thought about it for a while, and despite finding nothing that stood out as a trigger, I couldn't help but think it was somehow my wrong doing.

'I just... I'm sorry' she stumbled over her words 'You shouldn't have had to deal with me... I guess... I just...I mean...' Reagan was really struggling. 'Its just.. sometimes.. I guess I get sad... really sad... I think of really sad things and then I get flashbacks and it all happens so instantly... then I become unresponsive and rude and people get offended did I offend you, shit I'm sorry I just think your cute and I don't want you to think I'm wierd and dependant and a little too needy I'm really sorry I hope you can...'

I raised a finger to her lips. Her rambling was cute. And fast. Very fast. I don't think I understood half of what she said.

'You think I'm cute?' I teased.