THE GAME

Note: this story may be seen as a biased view of the writer and if it bears any resemblance to you, it probably is you (just kidding —or not).

The 5th of November was a very intriguing day for me. It was a combination of various confrontations that I will not care to ever repeat if possible (rephrase) . It was an interesting day to say the least that will mark the point that a personal 'job' culminated into collective 'job' (as per usual, I say).

So how did the day go? Hmmmm…!

To clarify, there were three incidents on this fateful day.

            °°°

First Incident 

It started like any other day —or so I like to think . It began with me going late to my place of primary assignment (PPA) (a man cannot kill himself). The day went on as usual except it was that joyous occasion that happens where the PPA surprises you pleasantly by paying allowee. At least it was supposed to be so until after sharing(rephrase) I was informed that I was  to collect my salary from the principal directly (warning bell ringing)

Around break time, I went to possess my possession (per se). While at the Principal's office it was explained to me, lightly, that apparently I was at fault (their opinion, I beg to differ) for leaving the previous day by 12pm instead of the stipulated closing time; 1pm. The Principal went on to say that a sum was to be deducted for this, as a penalty, but that it wouldn't  be this time around (at a time like this, it's good to just keep quiet because I actually informed the Headmistress of the primary section before leaving. I also went to get permission from the Principal but he wasn't around but moving on).

This ended the first incident.

            °°°

Second Incident

After the discussion ,(rephrase) I set out to charge my phone at the Medical Reception Station (M.R.S) while it was break time, as this was a daily tradition. This marked the beginning of the second incident.
I will acknowledge that a fraction of the blame falls on me (I only accept a fraction).

I went to charge my phone in the Consulting Room, usually occupied by Corper Simeon (nicknamed Doctor or DocKay),  but unfortunately, he was not on seat. Instead, I stumbled on another creat-- ahem - - I mean, a human being sobriqueted after his office RMO.

Drum roll***

“Sir, please is Doctor around?” I asked while checking out the wall-socket for DocKay's electricity extension box, which was an insignia of his presence. I soon noticed  RMO had his eyes laser-beamed on me.

“ Did you greet me? Do you know when I passed out from NYSC? "

I felt assaulted by his questions.

“Eh… No, Sir”, I said in response.

“Come on, will you get out! Get out!!!”

In obedience, I left. After all, it's his Consulting Room.
            ***

Pretty much how the second incident ended.  The day had started with the salary incident and led up to the greeting incident. The day was still young; it was just 10 something a.m and man had already had two dramatic incidents.

Exhales***

# the human mind is a fickle thing and cannot always be trusted. I am not completely sure about the first statement but suffice it to say that the 2nd incident arose due to not greeting so I may have decided to add this to the dialogue.

            °°°
Third Incident
It should be duly noted that the writer does not want to bore the reader with too much unnecessary detail and seeks to remain focused solely on the incidents that happened and other nonessential parts will be omitted. Therefore you wouldn't see a complete breakdown of how the day went and what food the writer ate on this day. Thank you.