Chapter One: Rain

Rain's P.O.V.:

College....eek. Well, I mean, I am excited, but oh boy. Am I looking for adventure? Maybe, but nothing too extreme. Am I looking for 2 am parties filled with drunk girls? Hell no. Also i'm gay anyways, and no one knows that. Not even my parents, they can't....
I have a drivers license, but for some reason my parents insisted on driving me. Honestly, I didn't really like them, and I was a little scared of them because they were the ones who beat my older brother until he left for coming out to them. Now I was the "perfect child" because I wasn't gay. Ha. They're so wrong, but they don't need to know that.
Soon we arrived at my new college campus, which, thankfully, was an entire 16 hours away from my parents.
"Ohhhh honey we're going to miss you so much! Ugh I love you!" My mother squealed. Like they hadn't tormented my brother or my dreams afterwards.
"Yeah I know mom! You guys can go now! I'll call you to see if i'm able to come visit during Christmas, okay? Bye." I waved as they hesitantly walked off. Thank god. Then I just waited in line until they called my name so i could get my room number and key. It wasn't long.
"Rainian Britson!" I winced at my full name, then stepped forward. I was apparently in room 3-0-3, so I went into the elevator with my mounds of duffel bags. 303 was right in the middle of the hall, surrounded by other rooms. Great. All the doors were left open until the 2 of the occupants were in and had claimed the room. I just took the bed that was by the window and threw my 7 duffel bags onto it. Hopefully my roommate would be okay with me taking the window. You know, just in case I needed to escape through it, and yes, it's happened before at a summer camp. But sadly we were on the third floor so I don't really know how well jumping would work.
I finally got up after a minute of trying to get my sheets on, and decided to go find the cafeteria. On the way down the hall, I passed quite a tall guy, with dark brown hair shaved on the sides and longer on the top, and eyes that were a lightish brown with a tint of gold. Pretty cute. Then he stopped me.
"Oh hey, dude, be a nice guy and move my stuff to my room for me, huh? I gotta go see about some sports teams. Thanks bro, big help!" I gaped at him.
"Wait, what? I don't—"
"It's right down the hall! Please man? I can't be late it's the last chance!" Finally I nodded and sighed. "Thank you so much! Room 3-0-3!" Then he took off. Wait, 3-0–shit. I get paired with a hot semi-jackass. Why wouldn't I? Oh, I dunno, because my luck is freakin awesome! I rolled my eyes. Finding his luggage i hauled it into our room and decided that i want a nap more than food. Pretty sure only a few hours passed when I woke up to my door clicking shut. I sat up to that same brown-haired guy. "Oh, oops." He said.
"Oops what?"
"Oops I didn't know you were my roommate...."
"Yeah, surprise. Your bags are heavy, thank you very much."
"Okay, i'm sorry. I had one shot, and i'm pretty sure I got it, and I owe that to you so thanks. Anyways, i'm Lance Carter." He held out his hand. I took it and replied.
"Oh, yeah, hi, i'm Rain Britson." He cocked a brow.
"That's a cool name. But, just Rain? Not short for anything?"
"No, it's short for something."
"You gonna tell me?"
"No." Lance chuckled.
"Okay then. Um, i'm off to get some lunch, you ah, wanna come or something?" He asked. I noticed that I had to tilt my head back to look at his eyes. Jeez, he was tall.
"Sure, thanks." He smiled.
"Alrighty, let's get a move on i'm starving." He practically danced out of the room and I quietly laughed. He didn't seem so bad, maybe sharing a room with him wouldn't suck as bad as i thought. "So, what's up with the purple hair?" I blushed.
"O-oh, I-I just like it. I dunno...." He nodded and continued. I know. Purple hair, not gay at all. What freakin ever.