Chapter three: Lance

Mark hurriedly walked out not two minutes after Rain did. Crap. There could be trouble there. I got dressed quickly and headed out of the locker room. I didn't see Rain or Mark on the way, although I smelled blood which had Rain's scent. Stopping and turning to my right I saw a tree covered partially in crimson. No, no, no, no...

    I definitely knew what Mark was, I sensed it as soon as he came into the locker room, and if he used his secret on Rain then oh dear god. We'd have some big issues.

    When I got to the door of our dorm room it was slightly cracked open and I could barely hear Rain's heartbeat still beating fast from what seemed to be fear and pain. Damnit!

    I threw the door open to see him lying on the floor unconscious with blood soaking part of the carpet underneath him.

    "Rain! No no please be okay!" I ran to him and lifted his head up. It had a small cut. "Rai—" I stopped when I felt something snap from seeing him like this. No, no no no, shit, not now! It's okay! He's okay, he'll be fine! Calm down, calm down, calm down, calm down!

    I took a few deep breaths before I was able to lose control. This could not happen now no matter what. Once I was much calmer, I turned back to the small boy in my arms. "Rain? You gotta wake up man. Please." His arm was deeply cut from the wrist to the elbow, probably from the tree, and it was still bleeding through the ripped sweatshirt. Then his eyes finally opened slowly and as soon as he saw that it was me hovering over him he gasped and flew back to scrunch against the wall. "Whoa! Hey, Rain! It's just me."

    "I-I'm sorry for bothering you it won't ever happen again! Please i'm so sorry!" He frantically begged.

    "W-what? Rain, what are you talking about?"

     "M-Mark, he told me t-that he'd do worse than my arm i-if I kept bothering you. He said you didn't want me hanging around you." I could tell from the tear stains he'd been crying before he got knocked out. My blood boiled.

     "Mark did that to you?" I glanced at his arm and he nodded.

     "But I think I accidentally knocked myself out because I tripped on the glass and hit my head." I sighed.

     "Only you Rain, only you." On a split decision I leaned forward quickly and drew him up in my arms, and he stiffened. "Relax I'm not going to hurt you. They're not going to either. I love hanging around with you, okay? Your company cheers me up Rain." I softly spoke into his ear.

     "Rainian."

     "What?"

     "My full name is Rainian." He said. I smiled.

     "That's a beautiful name." He blushed. Again, another random impulse decision from me, I said, "I know you're gay." He froze and looked up at me in fear and horror. "Don't worry! It's okay! I don't mind. I promise, I accept you." He smiled with relief. Oh, his smile made me want to melt into a happy sappy puddle. I wish I could tell him that I was too, this would be a whole lot easier. I wish that I could tell him every secret, including my biggest one, but I couldn't dare. He would be terrified of me, and most likely put in danger because of me. I knew there were others on this campus like me, a lot less pleasant, and they didn't know I knew of them nor did they know what I was and at all costs it needed to stay that way. "I'm so sorry Mark did this to you. Why exactly did he do it?" I was far past the line of  "mad" at him for hurting Rain, but I needed to stay calm.

     "I-I have no idea. Him and another guy just grabbed me and then Mark told me that you didn't want or need me hanging around you, but the scariest part was how strong he was. I-I was s-so scared, he knew I was gay too, and I'm just more afraid, he s-said he'd d-do worse if he caught me hanging around you again." His voice was wavering and I could hear his heartbeat racing.