Prologue

A green-colored octoling wearing a lab coat walked up to a window with a sign above it, saying "#0016." Her blue and green pattern on her tentacles reflected into the glass. Inside was a room where there was another octoling encased in a force field-like barrier. The normal octoling would have four tentacles, but this one has eight. He had dark teal tentacles with bright orange stripes. In the hand of the octoling with a lab coat, there a was a clipboard with a pen and a piece of paper on it.

Prepare the host ☑️

Give it the form of an octoling ☑️

Make the subject water-proof ☑️

Modify the subject to have water-based powers ❎

Release the subject into Inkopolis and watch it crumble ❎

Unfortunately, there was still some work that needed to be done. Soon, a giant figure began to emerge from the darkness of the hall. "Well?" Asked the figure. "Is it done? Have you completed the process?" "Not yet, sir." The green octoling said. "We still need the subject to be modified. We need more time, sir." 

"Time...? TIME?! ALL I HAVE GIVEN YOU IS TIME!" The figure yelled. The octoling could tell he was getting frustrated. "Do not shout, sir. This is our greatest chance yet at taking over Inkopolis. Do not ruin it with your voice." The octoling said calmly. 

"Even if the subject can't hear us, we still need to keep him asleep for further modification." The figure stared into the lab for a moment, then exhaled. "When will you have it done?" He said, sounding calmer. "We will have it done by the next 2 years." "You better, or else." The figure threatened, returning to the darkness. "Be careful out there..." The scientist said.

"Dj Octavio."