Chpt. 11

-17 days later-

Afar from the first night and trying to figure out what was going on and what to do until further notice, everyone remained secured locked inside of the school and have not stepped out since.

There has been a small trouble with Mrs. Gonzales and how she will get everyone in trouble for breaking into the school.

As for everyone else, they all are cooperating and trying to keep the 128 remaining kids from the school who got left back safe. They still try to have a normal school schedule and keep them from knowing anything that has happened outside yet.

It's early bright in the morning and Dylan is sitting up on the roof of the school. He has a table set up with the radio on it and the gun he found next to it.

"Ugh, goodness. This is never gonna catch anything." Says Dylan as all he hears is static connections.

Joseph comes up and says, "hey, you alright?"

"I'm fine, just trying to get the radio to work."

"Need any help? Or company?"

"Uh, sure. Yeah."

Joseph sits next to Dylan and stays quiet.

"so how are you feeling?" asks Dylan.

"eh, could've felt better." answers Joseph.

"ah, I see." Replies Dylan awkwardly,  "is it just me or are there more of those things around the school?"

"No, there appears to be more. Kyle keeps complaining of wanting to go out there and 'kill' some."

"Well if he is going alone, then I'm not st--"

Dylan quickly gets cut off by a voice through the radio.

"Non Immune contacters, report to Hartford, Connecticut. Off Inbound route 91. Protection is provided. There is food, protection, other locals. A group of soldiers will go out scavenging. Please make yourself visible and god bless."

Dylan and Joseph give off a look to each and know what they're gonna do.

"You guys aren't really gonna believe that, right?" asks Kyle.

"What do you mean?" Asks Joseph.

"Thats just bullshit. They're lying. They're probably just trying to gather a bunch of people and execute them in one place so this thing doesn't spread. That probably is their plan."

"Kyle.. ugh, nevermind. We're gonna go down there and talk to the others. We cant go today since it's getting dark but we'll go tomorrow morning."

As the three boys start going down, Dylan goes back to grab his gun and follows back down. 

Dylan asks Mrs. Gonzales, Julie, Skyler, Berry, Joseph, Kyle, and two other teachers that were left there to enter a separate room to talk about what they heard.

After a couple of minutes of talking, Mrs. Gonzales says, "how long will this trip there last?"

"Not long before they realize it's all bullshit." Answers Kyle.

"Kyle!" Yells Dylan.

"You watch your mouth or I will kick you out of my school personally and i dont care what's out there."

Kyle stares at everyone for a brief second then leaves. As he opens the door to leave, Sam was out there listening.

"It'll only take a day. Hopefully less. Skyler, I'll borrow her car and go, take some people with me."