• Chapter 11 •

•🖤•

•🖤•

Jeno woke up due to the sunlight beaming on his face, sitting up and noticing immediately how his room was reversed. He rubbed his eyes tiredly and tried to think back to what happened, memories slowly coming to mind.

His eyes then landed on the figure beside him, seeing an exhausted looking Nana who had his eyes half cracked, probably not even aware that Jeno was awake at the moment.

So the dark haired carefully raised a hand to the younger's head, softly pushing a couple disheveled strands from his face, causing Nana to slowly creak his head in Jeno's direction.

Jeno gave a concerned look and kept his fingers lingering behind his ear to which he could feel the string of the mask that continued to cover his face.

"You don't look too good, Nana," were the first words Jeno managed to utter, his voice cracking slightly from just waking up.

Nana just stared at one spot on the wall, not able to actually interpret anything from the tiredness that filled his mind from pulling an all-nighter.

"The..," Nana managed to get out, pointing to somewhere on the wall, "there's a fork shape in the wall. And it's... it's forking amazing."

Jeno stared at the younger very concerned and confused, slightly chuckling at the nonsense Nana was spewing.

"I think you need some rest. I'll look out for you."

This caught the honey haired boy's attention, eyes landing on Jeno's as he shook his head violently. "No! I cant... you... the monster..."

The man in front of him shook his head, placing both hands onto his shoulder as he found it fairly easy to push the boy flat on the bed. Nana instantly felt tiredness fill his body from finally relaxing his muscles, eyes suddenly very heavy and insomnia seeping away.

Jeno stood up and pulled the covers over Nana -that were still warm from his own body heat- and tucked the younger man in softly as he watched his eyes already closing shut.

Nana let out a sigh and let the depths of sleep take him under, instantly running from the real world and into some type of augmented reality. Jeno's eyes lingered on the sleeping boy's face with a soft smile creeping itself onto his features.

A couple hours passed and Jeno was now starting to get extremely hungry. So hungry to the point that he pictured himself able to eat a whole cow, but we all know that'd be impossible. His stomach rumbled loudly and made Nana stir in his sleep, causing Jeno to silence his stomach as best as he could.

He looked up and to the left to where he was still sleeping, sitting on his knees that were pushed into the floor to get a better view. Slowly, Jeno stood without his gaze wavering, watching every breath the honey haired took through the parted lips of his.