New Motive (Pregame! Shuichi)

Kokichi POV

I was walking to the gym after Monokuma called us there, because quite frankly, I don't want to die yet. It's probably another motive since we haven't killed each other in forever. God I hate killing and I hate this game.

When I got into the gym, half of us were gone. The half that were gone were Shuichi, Kaito, Miu, and Himiko. Not wanting to over think things, I shrugged it off and waited with everyone else.

After about a minute, Monokuma appeared, even though half of us weren't even there set. Confused, I called out to him, since he was on his stupid podium, "Hey Monobear! Where's Shuichi, Himiko, the moron, and the slut!?" Before Monokuma could respond, Gonta butted in, "Kokichi, that's not gentlemanly of you!" I ignored him and waited for Monokuma's answer.

"Well, they're apart of the motive!" He replied. "What!?" Kiibo, Tsumugi, and I called out in unison. Monokuma appeared annoyed, "Don't interrupt me!" He cleared his throat, "As I was saying. Those four will have their past personalities until someone dies!" Past personalities? Before I could, Maki asked, "What do you mean 'past personalities'?" He laughed and answered, "Oh noothing!" And with that, he was gone.

Tsumugi spoke up first, "Maybe they're in the dinning hall. So let's go there!" She said happily. "For such a plain person, that's a good idea!" I replied, already walking out of the gym. I just wanted to see Shuichi already.

We all headed to the dinning hall. I was the first to walk in, and immediately, I was hugged by Shuichi. He seemed, relieved? "Kokichi! There you are! I thought this asshole hurt you again." He gestured to Kaito, who was very clearly pissed off. I was VERY confused, "What? Kaito's never hurt me, and aren't you guys like BFFs?"

Shuichi looked as confused as me but also appalled. "No way could I be friends with him!" He glared at Kaito. Then he turned back to me, looking worried, "Are you alright, did you hit your head or something?" I looked around, confused, but everyone seemed busy talking to someone else, "Uhh.. no? More importantly, are YOU okay?" Shuichi was about to say something, but paused, and decided to say something else, "What's your Ultimate Talent?" "I'm the Ultimate Supreme Leader!" I replied.

Shuichu look overjoyed and yelled, "HIMIKO!" Ow my ears! Himiko ran over and everyone else stared at us. He gripped her shoulders, looking,slightly crazy, " I was right! We're in Danganronpa! We got in!" Himiko's face lit up at this. "Pardon me," Kiibo began, walking over to us, "What's 'Danganronpa'?" Shuichi looked genuinely shocked, "How do you NOT know what Danganronpa is!?"

Himiko smacked him on the back of the head, "Their memories were erased you Kichi-crazed idiot!" Wait, 'Kichi'? Hasn't Shuichi ca- "Then why do we have our memories? Ours should've been erased." Himiko shrugged and Maki answered him, "Monokuma said you guys were given back your," She put up air quotes, "'Past personalities' for a motive." Shuichi nodded and grabbed my wrist, which made me flinch, "Well I'm taking Kokichi before Kaito hurts him." He said with venom in his voice, dragging me out of the dinning hall.

When we got out of the dinning hall, I tried stopping him. "Hey, wait! Where are you even taking me?" I asked. He pointed to the courtyard, "Over there since it's nearby." Shuichi replied, heading towards the courtyard. I sighed but let him drag me there. Once we got to the courtyard, we sat down on the benches next to each other.

"Ok Mr, Detective, it's my turn to ask the questions." I said, crossing my arms. "First of all, what's Danganronpa?" His face lit up like a bonfire at my question, "The most amazing show ever! 16 students are trapped in a game by Junko Emoshima and her robotic bear, Monokuma. All 16 students are forced to kill each other and if you get away with murder, you graduate! But the plot twist is that the world is in utter despair! The cause of this chaos is 'The Biggest, Most Awful, Most Tragic Event in Human History'! The story and it's lore is so interesting, so are the characters, and the character development they all go through because of despair is so amazing! Oh and d-" I covered Shuichi's mouth, "Look, I love seeing you happy but I still have more questions to ask." I removed my hand and asked my next question, "What was my relationship with Kaito?" His face went from overjoyed to a scowl, "Kaito was your bully. On multiple occasions he almost killed you! I would've killed him because of that if you hadn't told me how much you hated killing."

I was utterly shocked. I know Kaito hates me, but he almost killed me!? And Shuichi wanted to kill him!? Holy shit. I cleared my throat, "Next question, what was my relationship with you?" Shuichi blushed and answered, "We were boyfriends, for a year to be specific. We even signed up for Danganronpa together with a 'Truth vs. Lies' and 'Detective vs. Criminal' dynamic!" My gay ass, who has had a crush on Shuichi for a while now, immediately started blushing. "W-wait, seriously?" I managed to stammer out, Shuichi nodded. Holy fuck, oh my Atua. My heart can't take this.

Shuichi looked nervous and embarrassed, "Ah, we probably weren't dating here, were we?" I shook my head, "No, but I did have a crush on your hot ass." I answered, why the fuck did I say that aaaajajsksnszke?! Shuichi blushed, but then commented, "You're way more confident than you're old self." "How timid even was I back then?" I asked, trying to change the subject. "Very timid. When we were in crowds you would cling to my arm, or hide behind me if we were talking to a stranger. It was so adorable!" He replied, blushing. I swear I saw some drool on his chin.

Damn he was gay for me, but who am I to say anything? "But, I do like it when you're confident too." Shuichi added. "Anyways," I began, changing the subject yet again, "I'm getting bored already, so do you want to do anything?" He thought for a second, then replied, "Maybe we could go to your dorm?" I nodded and stood up, gesturing him to follow me. We headed to my dorm and we both sat on my bed.

I'm not sure what else to write so I'm doing a week long timeskip so this isn't just a friendship fic

It had been a week since Shuichi, Kaito, Miu, and Himiko were switched to their past selves. Honestly, this motive was a huge fuck up on the mastermind's part because I've got a ton of information from Shuichi. Wanna know what I also got form Shuichi? A new crush. I know it's only been a week but I'm falling for him already, the only con is how open he is to murder, and I despise murder.

So it's morning and we're all eating breakfast. From what I've collected: Himiko is bossy but responsible. She's very matter of fact when speaking and seems to keep Shuichi in check like an older sister. Miu is very quiet and religious. Specifically, Christian. She's appalled at anything sexual. Kaito is very rude and loud. If you simply annoy him slightly, he won't hesitate to punch you. He hates me the most, probably because of our past, and very controlling over Maki. He seems to only care about being powerful. Shuichi is, and I cannot stress this enough, obsessed with Danganronpa. He's probably the type who would obsess over anything he likes. He absolutely despises Kaito and seems to be best friends with Himiko. I think he actually looks up to her. I think he also has a crush on me.

We were all chatting about our past lives, and what our memories told us. Tsumugi appeared stressed ever since Shuichi and them were given their past memories and personalities, which was suspicious. Apparently, Danganronpa was a popular serious that was even broadcasted on TVs in the streets, everyone knew what it was, and 83% of the population loved it, 97% watched it. The obsession with Danganronpa was sparked by how boring and peaceful the world had become. Crime rates were almost at 0%.

After we finished eating breakfast, Shuichi and I went to my room like we usually did to talk. When we got into my room, he held my hands and looked at me in the eyes. He appeared both nervous but excited at the same time. He sighed before speaking up, "Kokichi. I know we've technically only known each other for a week due to you losing your memories, but I've fallen hard for you. So, will you be my boyfriend again?" I blushed and audibly gasped. Yes, I did have my suspicions that he liked me, but I thought that was just my overactive imagination.

In the spur of the moment, I grabbed Shuichi by the tie, pulling him down to my face, and kissed him. After he got over his initial shock, he picked me up (so he didn't have to break his neck by leaning down) and kissed back. I honestly don't know how long the kiss was, but it felt like it lasted forever. When we broke away from the kiss, I finally answered.

"Of course I'll be your boyfriend."

haha kill me my neck is the definition of pain and its like almost 3:30 am
also this was requested by _Kokichi_Ouma