Kapitel einer: Schule

Language class, there is absolutely nothing more boring than compound nouns. I honestly tried to stay awake but it was so hard my mind kept wandering, I couldn't stop myself from trying to imagine life before the war. I blame Mr. Bixel for putting the prompt in my head, well at least I wouldn't fail that assignment considering how much thought I'd already put towards it. I wondered when we'd move away from German, considering it was our first language, and go to French or Italian. Finally, the school bell rang and we were let free. I immediately headed to the maple tree at the side of the school to meet with my friends Leonardo Allaman and Marco Blickensdefer. The first thing Leonardo said when he got there was " Does anyone have extra filters I can borrow? I left mine at home and the ones I have right now are getting clogged.". I could tell Leonardo was beginning to struggle to breathe, and I did have some so I gave them to him and told him to go change his filters. He thanked me and quickly went. Marco came up behind me, with my little sister Marie Caflisch. "Dagomar get your little sister", Marie was clinging to Marcos arm and laughing, Marco didn't look too happy about it. Leonardo came back and Marco, Leonardo, Marie, and I went to our houses.