#45

Opening Credits (it all starts NOW!)

A Golden orb of a peach, succulent, ripe, juicy, with a single bright vibrant green leaf sits on a Blue Ming Dynasty Plate and if we gave a Rats Arse, we would see the pattern on the China, is of China and Russia. Slowly the leaf begins to wither and DIE, a browning of the Sunset coloured skin takes the shape of the Americas and a blister starts forming; Like an Alien beneath the skin, something moves trying to breakout. Suddenly a Slug burst free and wipes its glutinous mouth sullying the Star Spangled Kerchief.

IN PEACH PRODUCTIONS presents #45

It's a Riot

INT. SQUAD CAR - EVENING

The car turns onto a street and the contrast is immediate; discarded furniture under the street lights, Students from adjacent flats and apartments congregate on them.

As the Car crawls down the road, Students retreat to the, Porches, verandas, Stoops and the protection offered in numbers.

EXT. STREET - CONTINUOUS

On an adjoining street a motorized Cooler, Chilly Bin/Esky, with a Roadtrain of trailers is parked at the Kerb; in stark contrast to the blue plastic, the fluro yellow pineapple depicted with major Kong waving a sombrero, is the crude marketing of "Tepache Rider", a Student's Home Brew business.

On a porch the Tepache Rider, exchanges a brown plastic, homebrew bottle, for a couple of bucks, in change.

The transaction complete, he bounds down the stairs and back to his rounds.

INT. SQUAD CAR - CONTINUOUS

Down the hill from the left hand side, the Tepache Rider comes into view, turning in front of the vehicle.

A quick flash of red and blue lights, accompanied with a couple of blasts on the siren and the Tepache Rider launches his Cooler, the Cops give chase.

INT. FLAT - CONTINUOUS

In the squalor that's trending in University flats, LUKE, Australian Chinese, running virus scans on numerous computers, NEIL, Caucasian Aussie, turns to look out the window.

NEIL

The Cops are pulling over the Tepache Rider!

Out of one of the bedrooms strides Mika, Australian of Italian descent.

LUKE

Shit; That's going to fuck our night.

They're all staring out the window, watching the scene unfold.

INT. SQUAD CAR - CONTINUOUS

The Cruiser pushes a bow wave of dissension, a Mexican Wave of discord ahead of it; the Tepache Rider yields, pulling over.

EXT. STREET - EVENING

Two Police Officers; a male and a female, both who wouldn't have passed the recruitment requirements of the 60's; six foot, clean shaven, athletic, exit the car.

The male officer produces the yellow box, infamous for its association with breath analysis.

From the fortified protection offered by the porches and balconies and in the security of numbers, Students yell their protests.

STUDENT 1

Leave him alone.

A concerted sigh, leads a verbal Mexican Wave, as the Students, ridicule their colleague for such a weak response.