Chapter Seven

Draco patiently waited in Harry's office. He was taken out to interrogate the man who came after them at the restaurant a week ago.

Ron and Hermione were in the office, just talking with Draco.

"He's super stressed out," he said, "but I think he's managing alright."

"I'm sure he is. He probably feels like it's Hogwarts all over again," Hermione said. "No offense, but he has to deal with you all the time, Death Eaters are trying to attack and kill him again. But on top of that, he still has his job and poor Teddy."

"Oh no, no, no," Draco said with a laugh, "I know what you mean, but that child came straight from the pits of hell. He's more of a trouble maker than I was."

"For some reason, that does sound about right," Ron said. The three chuckled. In the small break in the conversation, someone burst through the door.

"Oh thank God you're all in the same room," Neville Longbottom said, doubled over and panting. "Harry's in the infirmary." Not a second later the four of them were running to the infirmary.

"Harry!" Hermione called as she entered.

"Hi 'Mione, Ron, Malfoy." He gave a weak smile. His chest and left arm were covered in bandages.

"What the hell happened to you?" Ron asked furiously.

"I was interrogating Baron Ledger, the Death Eater, when the wall exploded. Two more entered, we fought. Then they just disappeared," he said. He sounded so disappointed, and felt like he was letting down everyone involved in Draco's case. "Really it was just the explosion that did this to me." He motioned to his bandages.

"We were attacked by Death Eaters?!" Hermione yelled.

"Not really. They just took him back," Harry said. He sunk his head back into the pillow.

"When will you recover?" Draco asked. The other three looked at him, probably because they forgot he was there.

"In a few days," Harry responded. The two locked eyes for a moment. "Well, I suppose you guys can go. I just figured you wanted to see that I was alive and somewhat well."

"Of course. We'll see you soon, mate," Ron said, taking Hermione by the arm. They waved goodbye and left.

"I just wanted to see you, really," Harry said, a tiny but sad smile on his lips.

"Oh." Draco didn't expect this.

"I was afraid they were going to launch a full blown attack on the Ministry to get you," he admitted.

"I'm fine, Potter. I won't be going anywhere," Draco said, trying to comfort him a little. It was obvious that he was going to take this hard.

"Thanks." The room fell quiet. Draco sat on the edge of the bed and Harry was laying beside him. Technically Draco wasn't allowed to leave, and both of them were thankful for this, because neither wanted to leave the other.

"What should we do about Teddy?" Draco asked. Sometimes when he talked about the boy, he felt like it was his. And he enjoyed it.

"I sent Neville to take care of him until I'm out," Harry said. "Oh, and there was a piece of cloth recovered from the explosion. They said they could try to track down whoever it belonged to." Draco nodded.

---

Harry recovered quickly, and spent more time at work. Draco was allowed to return to the house during the day time while Harry worked, and in turn Draco started spending more time with Ted. They sat at the dining room table playing Wizard Chess.

"Pawn to F4," Teddy called. The figure shifted across the board.

"Knight to A5," Draco said, smirking "Check mate." The game was over.

"You're too good at this," Teddy fake-pouted. He started putting away the game, and just in time.

Harry came flying through the door, chucking his bag at the floor. He ran off into his room. Teddy nodded his head from Draco to the slammed-shut door, telling him to go. Reluctantly he stood and approached Harry's room.

Draco knocked. "Uh, Potter are you okay?" he asked softly.

"Put Teddy to bed. Meet me in the living room," he said. This struck Draco as odd, but he hadn't seen Harry this angry since Hogwarts.

---

"Malfoy, come here," Harry said, just as the blonde came out of Ted's room.

Draco nodded and sat across from Harry, who sat on the coffee table in front of the sofa.

"What-"

"I want to tell you what I was going to say last Thursday," Harry said. He wouldn't look up from his hands. Draco only listened intently, not realizing how big of a deal it was. "Malfoy," he started, a blush coating his face, "I don't..." He swallowed hard. "I don't like women." He held his breath. In fact both of them did.

All Draco could stupidly mutter was an, "Oh." Due to Harry being already irritated, this made him angry.

"That's all you have to say? You think I'm disgusting don't you?" He stood up and started pacing.

"I didn't say that!" Draco defended.

"Your tone did," Harry retorted. Draco stood up to him.

"Well you're tone deaf, then, because I truthfully don't mind."

"What the hell does that mean?!" Harry yelled.

"Fucks sake, Potter!" Draco grabbed him by the shoulders, pulling him in close. Before Harry could protest, he was shut up by a pair of lips crashing into his.

The two held still. They pulled away and stared at each other. Harry started stuttering madly, unable to form words.

"It was obvious. Women make you uncomfortable. Except Granger, but she's your friend," Draco said.

"B-but you-"

"I swing both ways."

Harry speechlessly stared at Draco for what seemed like hours. He grabbed Draco by the shirt and threw him onto the couch, landing on top of him.

"Tell me why you kissed me," Harry breathed out quickly. His hair fell in front of his eyes

"You needed it, Potter," Draco said, licking his lips in anticipation, focusing on Harry's as he talked

"Call me Harry, but just shut up and kiss me again," Harry pleaded. Never had he kissed a man, but it was electrifying and it has oddly enough cleared his mind.

Draco smirked and tugged Harry towards him, starting the hottest make-out session he'd had in years.