Offer Me That Deathless Death {S.Stan}

--

You had just finished calling your parents, having no idea that they were coming to surprise you on set. They had of course called Sebastian, having given him the duty of looking after you during the filming of Avengers: Infinity War. He loved spending time with you, you considered him a father figure, but you'd possibly die off if anyone ever found out about it. And truth be told, he saw you as the daughter he never had. You were always really happy with the relationship you had with Sebastian, you put it down to the characters you both portrayed being a father-daughter duo. Sebastian was your best friend, to put it simply.

You shift uncomfortably, it was the only thing you didn't like about being an actor, the whole 3 hours makeup and costume set up. Your character had a metal arm, so that added on a bit of time too. But you powered on through, never one to give up. You felt like you'd been sitting in the chair for 30 hours, but in reality, it had only been 30 minutes, how fun. You had learned that sometimes the people doing your hair could be absentmindedly rough, so whenever they were doing your hair in the braids for your characters and they pulled too tightly, you just persevered. with it. You hadn't noticed Sebastian enter until it was too late and he appeared behind you, putting his hands on your shoulders and gently shaking you, making you scream.

"Jesus fuck, Seb!" You yell. Sebastian stands behind you, doubled over in laughter.

"That-That was priceless," He says. You shoot him a pissed off glare and furrow your eyebrows.

"Yeah Yeah, ha fucking ha" You murmur. He stands back up to his full height and gives you a sorry look.

"Look I'm sorry I scared you, but if your mom found out I was letting you use that kind of language, I don't think I'd be allowed to look after you." He says.

"What would be so bad about that?" You joke.

"Ouch. Daggers, literal daggers, Y/n" He says. You smile at him.

"Nah, I'm just kidding. I love you really" You say. He raises his eyebrow at you.

"They all say that, how can I know you aren't lying?" He asks you. You hold your pinky out to him.

"Because I'll promise you," You say. "You know better than anyone that I don't break a promise." You add on, making Sebastian laugh and link his pinky with yours. You go to say something, but a ring from Sebastian's phone cuts you off.

"I gotta answer this, I'll see you later," He says, walking away. You wave as he walks away.

-

Sebastian sees your mom's contact displayed across his phone and he swipes, answering it and holding it up to his ear.

"Hey Y/M/N, what's up?" He asks.

"Is this Sebastian Stan?" A foreign voice asks.

"Yeah, who's this?" Sebastian asks. The voice on the other side sighs.

"You were listed as Y/M/N Y/L/N's emergency contacted, you were put under her daughter Y/N's guardian, is this correct?" The voice asks.

"Yes, that's correct." He states.

"I'm sorry, I have some bad news for you," The voice says.

"What happened?" Sebastian asks.

"Y/M/N and Y/D/N Y/N died in a car crash this afternoon." The voice states. "Their other relatives are being contacted as we speak." Sebastian freezes. How can he tell you that your own parents are dead, and you never got to say goodbye to them. "I'm sorry," The voice says.

"T-Thank you," Sebastian says. The call ends and Sebastian pulls his phone away with a sigh, how the hell is this going to pan out? He puts his phone back in his pocket and walks back into the trailer, seeing you in your full character costume, suit, metal arm and all. You smile at him excitedly and he manages to take a mental picture of the happy look on your face, knowing he might not be seeing it for a while.

"Well? How do I look?" You ask him, spinning around. He smiles at you sadly and looks at you with tears in his eyes. "Seb? What happened?" You ask him, noticing the tears in his eyes. "Seb" You say.

"Y/n, I-I need to tell you something" He admits. You furrow your eyebrows at him and walk towards him.

"Sebastian, what happened?" You ask him, worry lacing your voice. He looks down and you grow more agitated. "Sebastian!" You yell, your worry building.

"Your parents-your parents were in a car crash...t-they didn't make it" He says. Your heart stops, they can't be, can they?

"Y-You're lying, you're fucking lying!" You scream, clearly in denial. "Seb, tell me you're lying!" You scream. Sebastian looks up and the look on his face makes you stop, they are. The room around you spins. You break down in tears and fall down to your knees. Sebastian drops down to your level and wraps his arms around you as you break down. He runs his hands up and down your back, trying to keep you calm and stop you from having a full-blown panic attack.

"You're okay, nothing's gonna happen to you." He says. You sniffle and look up at him.

"They all say that. How-How can I know you're not lying?" You ask him. He smiles and holds out his pinky to you.

"Because I promise you, and you know better than anyone else I never break a promise."

"Seb, I-I don't know what I'm gonna do. All of my other relatives don't really no me, and I don't want to go into the system" You say, your voice groggy.

"Leave it with me, I'll think of a plan." He says, smiling down at you.

-1 Year later-

"Y/N come on! Wake up" Sebastian says, walking into your room and over to your window to open the curtains. "You're gonna be late for school." He says, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Jesus christ dad, do I have to?" You complain. "Shit. What day is it today?" You ask him.

"Y/N" He warns you, referring to your language. "And it's the 17th, why?" He asks you. You throw the covers off of your bed and get off of your bed, grabbing your phone. "Y/N!" He says, following you out of your room. You turn around to look at him, tears glassy in your eyes.

"It's been a year," You say, your voice cracking. All thoughts of what could have happened a year ago run through your adoptive dad's head, then it hits him. Your real parents died one year ago today. shit. Sebastian sighs.

"You can have today off, but only today, okay?" He says. You nod and walk into the bathroom and you look in the mirror. Have you really done your parents proud? Well no, you're stuck going to therapy because of something that was your fault in the first place. Maybe if you hadn't called them it wouldn't have happened in the first place, they'd be here, and you wouldn't be such a burden to Sebastian right now. If it weren't for you in the first place, your parents would be out living their dreams, but now they're six feet under and it's all your fault.

-

Sebastian sits on the couch, waiting patiently for you. He doesn't even want to imagine how you're feeling today, but all he knows is that you might need space, and that you might not. You're a teenager, it's hard to tell with these things. His attention turns to the bathroom door and he sees you walking out, your hair messy, your eyes red and your face marked with tears. You walk over to the couch and flop down beside him, pushing yourself into his side.

"Can we just stay like this for the day?" Okay, so don't want space.

"If that's what you wanna do, we can do that." He says. "But you need to eat something and shower" He adds on.

"I don't want to eat, but I can work with showering." You compromise with him.

"At least eat a cereal bar?" You sigh.

"Fine." You agree. You move his arm off of you and walk over to the bathroom.

"And Y/n?" You turn around before you walk back in. "I love you"

"I know, I love you too dad."