Lost On You; Rogers!Reader x Peter Parker

-Warnings; Peter Parker breaks the readers heart, AnGST, swearing, Steve being angry, OOC MJ , reader get's kinda sassy tho-

Peter sighed as he stood at your bedroom door. God, he was so nervous. And God, he loved you, so so much. But, he wasn't sure that you were the one. He raised a shaky hand to knock on the door, it was now or never. Your footsteps made Peter's heart speed up, he wasn't prepared to be the one to break your heart, but he had to do it now and get the feeling of you off of his conscience. You opened the door.

"Hey, Peter, what's up?" You looked so happy to see him, and he was about to change that. He thought of ways that he could cushion the blow, but how can you try to tell the person you loved that there was someone else and always has been. 

"He-Hey, we uh- we need to talk?" Taking in his body language, you knew what was coming. You just didn't want to, no, you couldn't accept it. You sighed sadly and moved away, telling him to come in.

"What do you wanna talk about?" You were slowly preparing yourself. You sat on the bed, and Peter sat in front of you, he couldn't meet your eyes. 

"There's-There's no easy way to say this, Y/N, but, I think we should see other people," He blurted out, that wasn't exactly what you were expecting.

"Wait, why? What happened?" You asked him, tears flooding your eyes. Guilt was beginning to eat Peter alive from the inside out. "Did-Did I do something? Please-Please tell me so I can fix it, please Peter, I love you," You pleaded with him.

"Y/N, there's someone else, there-there always was," The words shattered your heart, you choked on a sob. "I'm I'm so sorry,"

"It's that pretty girl, MJ, isn't it?" You asked him, wiping tears away from your eyes. Peter didn't have to reply. "I get it, I don't think I'm enough either, Pete," You said. Peter's heart broke, you shouldn't have to 'get it'.

"No, no, Y/N you are good enough. Please don't say that" He grabbed your hand, but you pulled it back.

"Then why? Why did you ask me out, all of the 'I love you's' and the dates we went on, those-those meant nothing to you?" You asked him.

"I'm sorry, Y/N," And with that, Peter was gone. You sat on your bed, taking it all in. After a while, you moved under the covers of your bed and began to sob. What had you done wrong? 

--

Steve closed the door and sighed. His interest perked when he picked up on you crying in your room. He frowned as he made his way to your room and knocked on the door.

"Y/N?" He asked. The crying stopped and you sniffled.

"Go away," Your voice was stuffy. Steve sighed and leaned his head against the door.

"It's dad, please let me in?" Steve asked again. He heard shuffling before the door opened. "What's going on, huh?" He took in your state, your eyes were puffy, your cheeks were red and tear marks stained your face.

"Pe-Peter broke up with me," You burst into tears again, this time sobbing into your dad's shirt. Steve sighed and wrapped his arms around you. Spider-Kid was getting an earful the next time he saw him, and Lord help him if Bucky was around to hear the conversation. 

"What happened? I thought you two were going really well?" He had calmed you down, and lead you to the couch in the living room. You hiccuped and sighed.

"So did I, but he said that-that there was someone else," You told him. Steve put his arm around you and you cuddled yourself into his side. "I asked him if he meant any of what happened, he didn't answer, so he presumably didn't," You added on.