ii.

CHAPTER 2( 🔒 )

CHAPTER 2
( 🔒 )

THERE WAS NO PARTICULAR REASON for ISEUL to be out at such late hours of the night, but she always seemed to find herself drawn to the night life of jinhae. the streets were quiet, the cool breeze of the night rustling the leaves of trees which lined the street, and the bright street lamps illuminated the night. something which ISEUL did notice though was a certain coffee shop that still has its lights on and open sign glowing.

a small smile grows on ISEUL's lips as it was rare for anyone in the small town to keep their doors open past eleven, unless it was a club or something of that nature. but the girl was glad, she was in need of a late night drink, seeing as though she would be dragged out later by YEONJUN and SUNWOO for whatever activities they planned for. with a slight hop to her step, ISEUL makes her way to the coffee shop to order something before her night adventures began.

the door opens with a jingle from the bell strung to the handle of the door from the inside. strange enough, she makes eye contact with the barista who was known to be a vandalist in town, HEO HYUNJOON. in all honesty, ISEUL never expected the boy to work at a coffee shop, but that's mainly because he is not the type to be friendly to customers. he had a cold demeanor to him, almost reclusive, but not quite since he did have some contact with people around town.

HYUNJOON lets out a sigh as he closes his laptop halfway before attending to ISEUL, "may i help you?"

ISEUL brushes off the fact the boy was there and casually tells him her order, "black coffee with two cubes of sugar."

HYUNJOON nods at the request, not questioning the girl's odd order at the late hour, he honestly could not judge the girl since he was always drinking coffee late at night as well. he starts up the girl's order while she takes a seat at the bar with her phone in hand. as he brews the coffee, he takes quick glances at the girl as interest fills his mind.

the girl before him was known across town, of course she was, since she was the newest member of the gang known as VICE. now, the group was never forced to part ways or anything by the police department solely because they never committed serious crimes, but they were known for disrupting the peace in jinhae. he is also sure that the police force doesn't know about their quick runs around convenience stores and small businesses where they would shoplift without a soul noticing, but who was he to tell?

he was annoyed at the fact he was constantly thrown into the town's jail for his graffiti, so it was amusing that the authorities never picked up on the numerous crimes VICE truly commits. HYUNJOON was not complaining though, he even made a friend during his multiple nights at the jail, so he is thankful in that aspect.

while dozing off, HYUNJOON noticed the coffee had finished brewing and he made finished up the girl's order. "black coffee with two cubes of sugar," HYUNJOON hands ISEUL her cup before heading back to his computer.