01 | The necklace

It was at night. The moon was shining with intensity over Arth, anyone who saw it from home would feel calm. But in the forest, under his light, the scene was completely different.

Sobs of pain were all that was listened to. The Wahan tribe had been captured hours before the Daekan Forces. Many of them died, and those who were alive had serious injuries. The were hungry and thirsty.

Tanya, a girl from that tribe was suffering a lot, not because she felt pain or something, that was the least. She suffers for seeing his people die, for seeing his tribe being trated like animals. She felt powerless to do nothing to protect them. She was the next Great Mother and there they were, being abused by unknown people.

No, they didn't deserve to be called people, they were heartless monsters.

They were all tied up, many of them injured, and the one that worried her the most, was Mother Choseol who was bleeding heavily in her stomach. She was so scared. And although Tanya wanted to cry, she didn't, she couldn't. She had to stay strong for them.

"They are beasts..." she whispered for herself, but a warrior heard her.

He approached and stared at her, disgusted. "What did you say?"

"I said," Tanya raised her voice, "That you are despicable beasts! I curse all of you, monsters!" she shouted with all her strength.

Everyone was silent, waiting for what that man would do. The other warriors approached to see what was going on, apparently the girl's anger entertained them a lot. The one in front of her began to laugh.

"Look how i tremble in fear," he smirked, coming closer. "What are you going to do to me, disgusting dujeumsaeng?"

She raised her chin, bit her finger making it bleed and then, she drew vertical lines over her eyes.

"I am Tanya from Wahan tribe. The one who breaks the shell." Everyone who was there watched silently, expectantly. "I am the next Great Mosther of mi tribe. I'm connected with all the awoken spirits and the spirits that will wake up."

The man in front of her opened her eyes dumbfounded.

"You are crazy..." he mumbled stepping away.

The girl kept talking. "I, Tanya of the Wahan tribe, put a curse on you! Your stonewalls will collapse, and your homes will turn into ruins!" she screamed shaking, looking straight into the eyes of that monster.

For his part, he approached dangerously, with the intention of hurting her. "That crazy bitch..." he raised her hand to hit her, but Tanya interrumped him.

"The first one that lays a finger on me will die the most brutal death! The blue fire will sweep across your land like a deadly storm. The corpses of you lads, your parents and your children will form a mountain." The girl had already begun to shed some tears. She had everyone's attention. "Their blood will form a river and coagulate!"

The silence and confusion were evident, it seemed that even the animals and the entire forest had agreed to pause and listen to Tanya. Daekan warriors were a little scared, but they didn't show it. Meanwhile the Wahan tribe watched the girl with admiration.

Then, the Mother Choseol saw a white wolf standing next to the weak body of the girl. ¿Could she be...?

"Then, those who barely managed to survive won't be able to find their children amongst all the dead bodies... All the mothers that managed to survive will devour their dead children's flesh and when the moon rises, their dead children will come back to life and devour the flesh of their own mothers."

Tanya shut up for a moment, trying to calm her tears, while her tribe had already started crying, although she didn't understand why. He watched all the people who hurt them and then looked at the sky.

"The Great White Wolf, don't forgive me for putting an end to the Wahan tribe... and please, never forgive those people."

All continued in silence. The beasts felt intimidated.

"You idiots! Why are you listening to this shit? Kill her!" one of them shouted furiously. "Kill them all!"

The Wahans, who were already quite affected, began screaming again, fearing for their lives.

"No!" one of the warriors got in the way. "The first to lay a hand on her will die a horrorific death!" points to Tanya.

The warriors were going to start fighting each othe, when two more people arrive. One of them had a black furry coat on his shoulders. Beside him, a young man with a longer hair was waiting for unsheathe his sword.

Tanya's eyes opened widely. She remembered him. She could never forget the boy who saved his life. It was definitely him.

Both approached the girl.

"Why are you crying?" asked the man with beard. Tanya looked at him without knowing what to say. "Why are you crying after throwing us such a terrible curse?" Tagon got no answer.

All the chaos that had formed, clamed down with the presence of that man. The girl could notice the respect the warriors felt for him.

Tanya looked down, thinking what to say, but she didn't have much time because the man put a hand to his neck. She instinctively leaned back, afraid of what he was going to do to her. When she looked into his eyes, she could see the confusion on his face.

"How..?" now it was he who was speechless. "Where did you get that necklace?!" he exclaimed finally.

She looked at her jewel and and got confused. What did that object have to do with this?

Without having time to react, Tagon ripped the ornament oof his neck sharply and showed it to his people.

"Give it back to me, it's mine!" she shouted desperately.

When the Daekan warrior saw the figure hanging on the necklace they threw their weapons to the ground in surprise.

"Asa Sin's necklace!" they shouted. They knelt on the ground claiming that woman's name. They couldn't believe that a savage had something so important for them.

Tagon turned facing Tanya again. "This cannot be yours... because it belongs to us."