07 | Fight

I know it's a short chapter but it's all I could do, and it's better than nothing, isn't it? I hope you like it ^^

•••

The atmosphere was tense and the two young men looked at each other suspiciously. Tanya went from being angry to confused and wanted to know what was going on between those two.

"What are you doing here?" Saya asked with considerable annoyance. "Oh, I forgot you can't speak."

Yangcha clenched his fists and approached the girl, then took her arm and forced her to walk. Of course she was still angry and put up resistance.

"Let her go! She doesn't want to go with you," Saya exclaimed.

Unconsciously the soldier tightened his grip, hurting Tanya a bit. When he realized it, he immediately released her and only watched as Tagon's son took her hand and examined her wrist.

"Look what you did," he scolded him. "Do you realize the damage you always cause? My father made a mistake telling you to take care of her. I hope she doesn't end up like...-

Yangcha couldn't take it anymore and jumped to hit Saya. He hit him in the face repeatedly, but his opponent was not far behind, because he managed to change positions leaving him on the ground.

Tanya stared in horror at the fight and looked everywhere looking for someone who could stop them. Luckily she saw Mubaek leaving the tavern and ran to him to tell what was going on.

When he arrived, he took Yangcha by the waist and pulled him away while dodging the blows that the warrior gave to the air trying to get away.

"Stop Yangcha!" shouted Mubaek.

When they both calmed down, the older one was very angry.

"What's wrong with you? You're adults, not children of five years."

"That asshole hit me first!" Saya defended himself. "I'm not to blame, I was just telling him the truth."

Mubaek watched as Yangcha tensed at his words and knew what he was talking about. Although he really wanted to hit Tagon's bratty son, he knew there was nothing he could do or he would be the only one hurt. He was also worried about the punishment that the young warrior would receive, it was enough to not be able to speak.

"You two are going to heal those wounds. If I see you fighting again I won't hesitate to hit you two," he warned. Then he led Tanya to the palace to be safe.

Along the way the young woman asked Mubaek about the reason why Yangcha reacted in that way.

"Sometimes it's better to stay in ignorance, Tanya."

❦❦❦

Three days passed and Tanya never saw either of them again, she was very busy learning some rituals and ways to behave to be the new High Priestess. After that incident Asa Ron was assassinated by Tagon, along with other priests and priestesses. On top of that, she had to punish all the members of the White Mountain tribe, which greatly disturbed her.

She wasn't comfortable with all of that at all. The luxuries, the servants, giving orders and punishing people was something she was not used to and she wished with all her heart to return to Iark together with all her people and to return to the peace in which they lived before, but apparently she was the only one who thought that way since the other members of her tribe were more than happy in Arthdal.

She was also worried about Eunseom. She knew he was alive because Chaeeun told her once, but she feared that he was suffering or having a hard time while she had everything, after all he was her best friend and she missed him too much.

As she walked through the corridors of the Great Shrine, she encountered Tagon, Taealha and Yangcha.

She really wanted to ask Yangcha about the other day, but she didn't want to invade his privacy, after all, even if he didn't want to reveal it, she could hear his thoughts and would know anyway.

"Tanya, I was looking for you," said Tagon. "Yangcha will escort you again for a while."

"O-okay..."

The couple left, leaving them alone. The masked soldier approached her and knelt down apologizing.

"Please forgive me. It was not my intention to hurt you."

She reached down too and put her hands on the boy's shoulders.

"Don't worry, it's okay. Just... don't leave me like that again."

Yangcha raised his head and nodded in relief. The knowledge that Tanya held no grudge reassured him. Someone cleared his throat and they both stood up immediately.

Saya watched them with no expression on his face and headed for Yangcha.

"Mubaek is looking for you," was all he said.

The soldier simply left and the young man waited for him to disappear from the hallway to speak again.

"If you're uncomfortable with him, I can tell my father to choose another bodyguard."

"I'm fine with him, no need, thanks," she replied with a mock smile.

"Well, as you want." Saya seemed to want to say something else but hesitated a little. Finally he dared. "Tanya... Can we talk?"