Whats Aura?

Looking down on the Arena within Glynda's class everyone can be seen watching a fight between Pyrrha Nikos and Yang Xiao Long admittedly it was a fair fight until Yang's semblance had activated which resulted in Yang narrowly winning the fight however it was close. Very close.

Yang's semblance had calmed and she cheered then walked over to Pyrrha a hand up which she accepted and the two went to the locker room to change

Glynda stepped forward and looked at everyone "now I know that won't be an easy act to follow however we still have time for one more match" Ruby eagerly shot her hand up "Me! Me! Me!" Glynda looks at Ruby "go change Miss Rose" Ruby speeds off to the locker room as Yang and Pyrrha walk back onto the stand and sit with their group of friends.

After a few minutes Ruby stands in the middle of the Arena "Miss Rose would you like to choose your opponent or should I use the randomizer" Ruby looks around sheepishly before pointing to a man sat in the furthest corner doing his best to stay hidden (which admittedly failed due to his uniform) "Can I fight the man in the corner" the man gets up with a sigh and just jumps into the Arena Glynda looks at him "wouldn't it be best for you to change" the man nods and begins moving his hands and suddenly a dark blue cloak appear on the man along with a dark blue shirt and jeans his uniform having seemingly disappeared out of the blue which came as a shock but what amazed people even more was the fact that a PGM Hecate II rifle appeared on his back alongside a sheathed anneal blade on his hip

*unknown Man's Point of View*

After moving my index and middle fingers downwards my inventory loaded I muttered to myself "thank god this works here downside however no one else can see the inventory" after setting up my outfit and equipment and checking my stats making sure everything was set up properly I grinned and looked over at Ruby Rose her Aura levels above her head my grin immediately disappeared and I glared at her 'lucky fuckers actually having their health bars as shields' I drew the anneal blade and slid my hand across the blade then sheathed it. Sighing I grabbed the PGM Hecate II off my back and checked the magazine then cocked the bolt and slung my rifle back to its resting place I saw Ruby cock the bolt on her Scythe.
I look at Glynda and nod while Ruby smiles and squeaks out "I'm ready" excitement mixed with... Fear? What's she afraid of... Wait never mind the giant rifle on my back might not help but whatever.

Sighing I look at Glynda and nod again she nods back at me and clears her throat getting everyone's attention "a slight twist to this match will be added this will be explained by Ruby's opponent Blackout" I nod and look at Ruby "A menu will appear in front of you Ruby you can read it if you wish just don't take to long" I send a duel request to Ruby who immediately clicks accept and a whole new setting appears above the Arena for the students to see reading DUEL START "now seeing as you didn't actually read the settings before accepting this while like Glynda's normal lesson the moment one of our health drops below 50 percent-" Ruby decides to speak up "don't you mean Aura" I sigh and carry on talking "as I was saying before getting rudely interrupted since your health acts as a shield for you all I recommend you do not hold back in this fight no matter what" Ruby hesitantly nods then positions her scythe blade behind a finger on her trigger seeing her stance and her eye position I decide to draw my anneal blade a timer appears "5. 4. 3. 2. 1. BEGIN"

Ruby pulls the trigger launching herself at me spinning her body while turning her scythe I sigh and sheath my sword and grab my Hecate II while dropping to the ground causing Ruby to fly over me. When Ruby gets above me I shoot the Hecate II launching Ruby into the air then cock the bolt and drop the rifle jumping to get up I draw my sword mid jump as Ruby shoots her rifle at me I position my blade to take the bullet while grabbing my Hecate with my other hand. Getting moved back by the power of the round I jump and aim at Ruby with Hecate placed against the flat part of the blade I shoot a round at her then sling the rifle across my back using the force of the recoil to make me backflip away from her Scythe blade.

I quickly shoot a glance at the health bars 'crap I'm lower than I'd like due to my risky stunt I see why Shino advised against it. Alright the meters read 87 for me and 74 for Ruby which admittedly is better than I'd expected to have done seeing as she got in here two years early shit getting sidetracked' I quickly lift up and I'm met with Ruby's scythe blade against it I use my spare hand to grab the grip of my rifle and pull the trigger causing me to flip over Ruby's scythe so I slash at her back and send a kick to her head catching her off guard and dazing her.

Landing on the ground and rolling I quickly draw Hecate II and do a marksman dodge to spin around Ruby while loading Hecate II she however sends the blunt end of her scythe into me sending me back a good few feet however I Gather my bearings and cock the bolt then activate a skill and jump over a dashing Ruby and send three quick shots one in her knew the second to her head and the third to her back
Ending the duel I eject the magazine and sling it back across my back and offer Ruby a hand "good match just as I'd expected from a huntress who got skipped two years ahead" Ruby nods and rubs the back of her neck after she stands up I load my menu and unequip everything and put my uniform back on Ruby taps my shoulder "Umm can I get your name?" I sigh "will Eiji do" she nods "also I have something to ask you" I nod "shoot"

"why do you keep randomly moving your right hand" I shrug "loading my inventory its how I can easily equip my outfit and weapons on the fly" she nods although confused as we arrive outside the class 'huh must have missed the bell' "Eiji before I go find my team what did you mean by my health don't you mean Aura" I tilt my head slightly and decide to ask a question which will ultimately cause a much larger issue in the future than I'd believe

"what's Aura?"